Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Chelsea signing Bakayoko who looked one of the weaker Monaco players last season, his passing v Juventus was of Reo Coker standard but guess he has energy.

Probably frees up Matic to go to Man. United. I was under the impression him and Mourinho hated each other so that's an odd one for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Monacos reward for scouting properly and setting up their youth team creating one of the most exciting young teams in football...

it really is a load of shit

well only Mbappe came from youth team that started most of games last season and their "scouting" was just raiding lesser French clubs for the best players and some dodgy Jorge Mendes connections.

Not to mention Monaco have tax privileges clubs in Europe can only dream about

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

well only Mbappe came from youth team that started most of games last season and their "scouting" was just raiding lesser French clubs for the best players and some dodgy Jorge Mendes connections.

Not to mention Monaco have tax privileges clubs in Europe can only dream about

Aston Villa tried this, but failed...

Bertrand Traore from Chelsea to Lyon for £8.8m.

In this day and age, that seems like a bargain on the face of it.  He looked good at Ajax.  Chelsea have probably made a tidy profit too.  Win/win?

Edited by bobzy
Shameful correction of team!

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bertrand Traore from Chelsea to Lyon for £8.8m.

In this day and age, that seems like a bargain on the face of it.  He looked good at Monaco.  Chelsea have probably made a tidy profit too.  Win/win?

He never played for Monaco :P. Personally I think he was disappointing at Ajax, barring a couple of Europa League games. Still a talented young player though. Interesting to see how he does at Lyon, who are signing Mariano from Real Madrid as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He never played for Monaco :P. Personally I think he was disappointing at Ajax, barring a couple of Europa League games. Still a talented young player though. Interesting to see how he does at Lyon, who are signing Mariano from Real Madrid as well.

Terrible - I knew which team I meant :P

• Like 1

Everton agree deal for Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru

By Sky Sports News HQ

Last Updated: 27/06/17 12:58pm

Everton have agreed a deal to sign Henry Onyekuru

Everton have agreed a deal to sign Henry Onyekuru from Belgian club KAS Eurpen, according to Sky sources.

The Nigerian striker was joint-top scorer in the Belgian top division last season, and his advisers also held talks with Arsenal and West Ham this summer.

Onyekeru, who has a £6.8m release clause in his contract, will spend next season on loan at Anderlecht as he does not yet qualify for a United Kingdom work permit.

The 20-year-old is the third high-profile close-season arrival at Goodison Park following the signings of Jordan Pickford and Davy Klaassen.

isnt this the guy who Candleface is trying to sign all summer? 

1 hour ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Maybe not massive names in these parts, but how on earth have Slavia Prague pulled off a triple signing of Danny, Halil Altintop and Ruslan Rotan?!

Well they are all very old, but they most have come into some cash.

The amazing thing about Danny is that Zenit paid (e)30m for him ten years ago, and he's shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well they are all very old, but they most have come into some cash.

The amazing thing about Danny is that Zenit paid (e)30m for him ten years ago, and he's shit. 

Yeah, seems a Chinese consortium took over in 2015.

Danny is probably Zenit's biggest ever legend btw, to the extent that there's speculation they may retire his shirt number.

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Yeah, seems a Chinese consortium took over in 2015.

Danny is probably Zenit's biggest ever legend btw, to the extent that there's speculation they may retire his shirt number.

I can imagine he'd be good in that league but when I have ever seen him play for Portugal he has been dog shit awful. 

Was reading the Standard and apparently Bakayoko is "only" on 20k a week at Monaco.

Just shows you aswell as the transfer fees the insane weekly wage bog standard players in this country get and we're as guilty as most when you go back 10 years and see what we were paying Sidwell and Heskey back then.

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was reading the Standard and apparently Bakayoko is "only" on 20k a week at Monaco.

Just shows you aswell as the transfer fees the insane weekly wage bog standard players in this country get and we're as guilty as most when you go back 10 years and see what we were paying Sidwell and Heskey back then.

I remember Luke Young tunring down Liverpool as didnt want to drop form his 40k a week wages. What clowns ran this club

6 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Maybe not massive names in these parts, but how on earth have Slavia Prague pulled off a triple signing of Danny, Halil Altintop and Ruslan Rotan?!

Danny is surprising because surely his wages are high. I really don't know where our league found this money. When I attend matches that aren't involving Prague, the attendance is maybe 3-4k. 

Also should point out the tickets are dirt cheap. Like less than £10 for any seat in the house. 

Edited by Czechlad

On 26.6.2017 at 21:51, VillaChris said:

his passing v Juventus was of Reo Coker standard

Speaking of Nigel, he was just released by Norwegian club IK Start after 'failing to meet their expectations'. Norwegian second tier club IK Start, that is. 

Still only 33, too. 

18 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Speaking of Nigel, he was just released by Norwegian club IK Start after 'failing to meet their expectations'. Norwegian second tier club IK Start, that is. 

Still only 33, too. 

Quite increadible the way his career imploded post O'Neill contretemps. Odd

• Like 1