Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Not sure where to put this, so I thought that I would make this thread. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10878966/kolasinac-to-join-arsenal

Sead Kolasinac to join Arsenal when Schalke contract is up on July 1.

Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac will join Arsenal when his contract expires this summer, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old, born in Germany but a Bosnia-Herzegovina international, will officially become an Arsenal player on July 1.

Everton, Manchester City and Milan also made offers to Kolasinac, but the defender has chosen a move to north London despite uncertainty over Arsene Wenger's future as manager.

Wenger admitted last month he was planning for next season, but there has still been no announcement on whether he will leave this summer or sign a new deal.

"Do I stay two months or 10 years? I plan," he said. "I do my job exactly the same. Of course you can do that.

"Of course [transfer targets will ask if I will be at the club], but we are always honest. Arsenal is a world brand today, respected all over the world.

"The Arsenal name is bigger than my name and coming to Arsenal is more important - you don't come to Arsene Wenger, you come to Arsenal."

Arsenal currently have two senior left-backs in their squad - Nacho Monreal and Kieran Gibbs, who is approaching the final year of his contract.

Interesting that he chose Arsenal over Man City. 

Not sure where else to put this, finally yesterday the independent ran an article questioning how sky get away with sky sports news reporting sky bet odds as "news" sounds like Utd have categorically denied bidding for James Rodriguez yet SSN ran an odds on favourite story, riled people, about time, it's near criminal

• Like 1

Real Madrid just spent 38 million on a 16 y/o. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10890441/real-madrid-sign-vinicius-junior-from-flamengo-for-reported-163-38m-fee

Real Madrid have announced a deal to sign 16-year-old forward Vinicius Junior from Flamengo in July 2018 for a reported £38m.

A statement released by Real says the club will own the rights to the Brazilian from July 2018, when the player turns 18.

But he will remain at Flamengo until July 2019 unless both sides agree otherwise.

Reports in Spain suggest the deal is worth around £38m, which would make him the second most expensive signing from Brazil behind Barcelona star Neymar.

Junior made his Flamengo debut this month after impressing for Brazil U17s at the South American U17 Championship in Chile.

He finished the competition as top scorer with seven goals and was named Player of the Tournament.

Edited by Villaphan04
spelling

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

This is the most ridiculous transfer I've ever seen, he has played one game for them. A prime example of why football is totally broken.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I legitimately think these types of transfers hide some type of dirty money. There is just no way a player with 2 appearances in the Brazilian league is ever worth 38 million or even 10 million. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Christian Atsu to Newcastle permanently 

Another shit footballer Chelsea have pimped around Europe for, I imagine, decent fees...and then doubled their money on without actually playing him or having any intention of bringing him into the fold. I wish we could buy 6 billion players and do this.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is the most ridiculous transfer I've ever seen, he has played one game for them. A prime example of why football is totally broken.

Its bad but Villa paying a combined 1 million for RIchards and Lescott still is ridiculous ; )

On 5/25/2017 at 14:08, villa4europe said:

tielemans gone to monaco, good signing, looked a great player when he broke through didnt get his big move had a couple of quiet years and now moves to one of the best young teams around

He's just had his best season. 

I meant media coverage wise, haven't seen him linked to a Prem club for ages, also don't remember too much fuss being made over him when they played Utd, think the first time I saw him play was vs Arsenal in the CL and the commentators were all over him coming here 

A few places reporting that Man City have bid £113m for Mbappe. A bid supposedly matched by Real Madrid. 

Here

Manchester City have launched a world record £113million bid for Kylian Mbappe according to reports in France.

French outlet Telefoot report that City and Real Madrid have both submitted huge bids to secure the services of the 18-year-old striker

Ridiculous. He's had one proper season and is 18 years old. He'd be best off from a career perspective in staying where he was for a couple more years. 

• Like 2

They're also close to signing a new keeper for a world record fee, around £40m according to reports. 

They mean business it seems. Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool are all going to spend too, so I imagine all sorts of spending records will be broken this summer.