British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) 2017

pacbuddies

Been to Donington a few times for BTCC and open seater.  Not for a good few years now though.  I used to know the tracks inside and out thanks to racing games like TOCA 2 which I slightly obsessed with (well if you're gonna do something, do it properly :P) , which is why I commented on the Thruxton race the other day  :) Used to love Thruxton, Croft, Oulton Park & Knockhill :thumb:

I only got into BTCC last season and had no idea who was who so decided to follow WSR (and Rob Collard in particular) for no other reason than I drive a BMW myself. Looks like I made a good choice though! My partner bought me tickets to Oulton Park as part of my xmas pressie so off to my first live event on 20th & 21st May and can't wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I only got into BTCC last season and had no idea who was who so decided to follow WSR (and Rob Collard in particular) for no other reason than I drive a BMW myself. Looks like I made a good choice though! My partner bought me tickets to Oulton Park as part of my xmas pressie so off to my first live event on 20th & 21st May and can't wait.

Oulton Park is a great wee circuit. We always used to stand at Denton's. If you can time it right to do the pit walk (if they still do that), you can get really up close with the cars and drivers.

• Like 1

UkTrackMap.jpg

^ That's more for my own benefit than anyone else's really.  You've got me thinking about it now again.  Wouldn't mind a trip over but I'd keep it central and meet up with friends.  Maybe somewhere like Rockingham where I've yet to go.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

UkTrackMap.jpg

^ That's more for my own benefit than anyone else's really.  You've got me thinking about it now again.  Wouldn't mind a trip over but I'd keep it central and meet up with friends.  Maybe somewhere like Rockingham where I've yet to go.

Only 9 circuits on the calendar now (Brands gets used for season opener and close).

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Oulton Park is a great wee circuit. We always used to stand at Denton's. If you can time it right to do the pit walk (if they still do that), you can get really up close with the cars and drivers.

They still do it but I have been informed it is manic with a massive queue for ages and a mad surge once the gates are open.

• 2 months later...

With Snetterton coming up on Sunday 30th to kick start the second half of the season after an agonising mid season break I am getting really excited.

I will be rooting for Collard and Turkington in the WSR BMWs in their effort to overhaul current champion Shedden.

Â