A whole team can go

LancsVillan

On 13/05/2017 at 14:55, theboyangel said:

Of the current crop of players I'd be happy seeing leave us over the summer I'd show the door to:

Bunn - out of contract so free

Richards - would accept anything for him! At best we will be subsidising his wages for the next 2 years, will cost us best part of 5m for the next few years

Elphick - ask for £1m -£2m. Again, won't be offered a better deal than what he has here I imagine, a free with subsidised wages.

Cissokho - nominal fee. One year to go on his deal, haven't been able to shift him the last 3 years. £1m pay off at best.

Bacuna - ask for £1m -£2m

Veretout - doubt he wants to be here, ask for approx £5m. Doubt we will get anyone who rates him to pay that fee, another loan deal is my best bet.

Sanchez - gone

Gardner - ask for £1m -£2m. Just signed a bumper pay day, again, it won't be matched elsewhere and he doesn't need to walk. Loan deal, paying a portion of his deal

Gil - another who doesn't want to be here, ask for £3m - £5m. No chance, will hopefully just leave on a free and forgo any payments and bonuses as he is desperate to go back to Spain.

Kozak - gone for free

Agbonlahor - ask for £1m -£2m (he cannot be relied upon fitness wise and only plays against sha). Another year on his deal, won't leave, doesn't need to leave, nobody would have him anywhere. Will cost us another 3m+ in wages, bonuses and 'loyalty' payments until he leaves.

I have a feeling Amavi will go (for around £5m) but I'd keep him as back up for either left back or wing. 

That could potentially raise £18m+ towards the transfer kitty. 

Hopefully we'll invest wisely on a quality keeper, another centre half, defensive midfielder and a versatile winger permanently and a couple of decent loans.

Tbh i wouldn't sell any players that are in the match day squad, need to keep it as stable as possible. However, all the deadwood may aswell be burnt in a fire sale...can't imagine them commanding any fee of significance. Don't we currently have like the 24th highest wage bill in europe atm?

Bunn
Hutton  Elphick  Richards  Cissokho

Gardner      Sanchez      Veretout  

Gil

McCormack          Agbonlahor

SUBS
Bacuna, KozaK, Steer.

Edited by Supervillan78

21 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Bunn

Gil

SUBS
Bacuna, KozaK, Steer.

£25 mill of 'talent' there, just about. Let's get them shifted! 

15 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

when you have a public "must sell" policy, you undermine any value might get.  low ball offers for everyone, coming up next.

True.

As much as a "we don't have money to spend" might keep the price down when trying to buy players, it also means the offers you will receive for your players will be lower as others will feel you need any money you can get.

If any of this actually matters to the actual price you end up paying or receiving is questionable IMO.

Using rodders0223 list of player he'd like to see got rid of (see earlier post), the following savings per player could be made;

(I have used FM data for wages per year and loyalty bonuses, based on length of contract)

Bunn  total wages till end of contract (TW)  £ 910 Loyalty bonus (LB) £ 235k

Richards  (TW) £ 5.2m  (LB) £ 1.1m

Elphick    (TW)  £ 2.6m  (LB) £ 350k

Cissokho  (TW) £ 1.248m (LB) £ 525k

Gil             (TW) £ 2.912m  (LB)  £ 650k

Gardner    (TW)  £ 4.056m  (LB) £ 350k

Vertout      (TW) £ 4.368m    (LB) £ 725k

Gabby       (TW) £ 2.86m      (LB) £ 950k

Bacuna      (TW) £ 3.9m        (LB) £ 600k

Amavi        (TW) £4.68m        (LB) £ 900k

Sanchez    (TW) £ 1.924m     (LB) £ 925k

Kozak        (TW) £ 1.3m          (LB) £ 525k

Add to that, the money saved on reserve/academy players already gone, and you come up with;

£ 36.41m in wages saved

£ 7.9m in loyalty bonuses saved.

Before anyone laughs off the above figures, just remember the figures put out for how much the club lost in the last year.

On average paying each of them £ 3.5 million for their time.

God knows how much Learner spunked up the wall during his tenure based on figures like these eh?

Edited by eddiemunster

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 08:50, Stevo985 said:

This is why I think the "sell to buy" rumours have been blown a little out of proportion. My guess is (and it's only a guess) that we have so much shit at the club that is taking up wages and needs to be gotten rid of that Bruce has been told that incoming signings need to be offset by some outgoings. How much wages must that list be taking up and adding more or less nothing to the squad?

Seems to be somewhat backed up by the latest quotes I've seen from Bruce.

20 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Bunn

Gil

SUBS
Bacuna, KozaK, Steer.

Can somebody please send this to Harry Redknapp? We could do a nice little job lot deal for im'!

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

On 15/05/2017 at 19:29, Supervillan78 said:

Bunn

Gil

SUBS
Bacuna, KozaK, Steer.

would get relegated year on year Ch L1 & L2

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

would get relegated year on year Ch L1 & L2

You're all fire today GH, but seriously relegated from league 1 or 2. Cmon on mate I rely on your posts to have at least some credibility to convince me to keep reading them. 

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You're all fire today GH, but seriously relegated from league 1 or 2. Cmon on mate I rely on your posts to have at least some credibility to convince me to keep reading them. 

read that GK + back 4 again.

You're just being reactional. (not good for credibility)

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

read that GK + back 4 again.

You're just being reactional. (not good for credibility)

Um sorry mate even with GK and back 4 you're exaggerating. 

Â