Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well these are reasons that are more difficult to argue with.

I rate him as our best player. He's one of the few we have left who I can see playing for a quality Premier League team and not look out of place. The criticism he gets on here to me is baffling. He plays with passion and desire. He's strong and always looking to get involved. He's direct, plays without fear and is versatile. Has good vision and ability to pinpoint a cross and take a free kick. A lot of what he brings to the table is the direct opposite of why we are in the Championship and struggling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's not a dig , that's a fact and I've got the " stats " to prove it :P .

It's genuinely hilarious that you're trying to take the piss out of me for using stats to back up my argument.

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I rate him as our best player. He's one of the few we have left who I can see playing for a quality Premier League team and not look out of place. The criticism he gets on here to me is baffling. He plays with passion and desire. He's strong and always looking to get involved. He's direct, plays without fear and is versatile. Has good vision and ability to pinpoint a cross and take a free kick. A lot of what he brings to the table is the direct opposite of why we are in the Championship and struggling.

I wouldn't put him in our top 15 players.

He's crap.

A peculiar day in the sunshine there to be sure. I wasn't sure what to make of it, though my interpretation was that the injuries sustained and the forced substitutions (including the red card incident) helped us 'stumble' towards a ten man solution that eventually paid dividends. I didn't feel it was a particularly stellar performance - and that might be me forgetting what actually constitutes a 'decent' performance or a 'great' performance. I might just be 'numb' to Villa right now. I didn't enjoy the game sadly.

I liked Lansbury and thought this was maybe his most 'committed' performance for us... a little further forward and putting himself about. At one stage, I was convinced that it was him who was going to get himself sent off... he seemed to be that 'committed' at times. But then it was Baker who saw red. I was sat in the Holte Lower, so I had a Wengeresque lack of vision of the incident. Unless that card gets appealed and repealed, I assume that Baker now misses three games at the start of the season too? Already without Kodjia and Baker at the start then?? You see where I am going with this?

The referee - what can you say that hasn't already? As biased and as inconsistent as I have seen all season. I really think the quality of 'officiating' is really poor. Some very strange decisions made on reflection that hopefully means that he will be relegated to Fourth Official status only for a while. A proper 'womble.'

I left on 86 minutes so missed Jack's equaliser. It was that kind of day for me. Couldn't be arsed with a 'lap of appreciation,' and I wanted to beat the traffic and also avoid a 'walk of shame' past the Brighton supporters given how it was going. Sorry, I can't clap 13th... I went a bit high horse I'm afraid... the money they earn etc. I just can't clap 13th after everything that's gone on. We won nothing, we saved ourselves from nothing... the whole season fizzled out to a 'meh.'

So, walking down Witton Lane towards the station, I walked by half a dozen 'Brighton Champions' scarf sellers. LOL, in the end. I have no malice for Brighton and in truth, I would have loved it... just LOVED it, if they had beaten the barcodes to the glory. But Brighton as a side (not the supporters) deserved to not win that game against us. The referee contrivances and their 'bullying, conniving' nastiness on the pitch.

Justice was served... even on me, missing out on a Grealish goal at the Holte because I had my arse in my hands. I don't want to hear about Villa now until mid-July.

Sod you.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh no because of that incident. I hope he never plays for us again because he's a terrible footballer and if he's a regular next season it would indicate that we've done nothing to address a serious area of weakness in the squad. 

I must admit......i see the team struggling to develop ,with him in it.

I know why he is being played, Steve Bruce wants his energy, but I think we can find a player with his energy who has a better overall game.

not fond of the player.

7 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

A peculiar day in the sunshine there to be sure. I wasn't sure what to make of it, though my interpretation was that the injuries sustained and the forced substitutions (including the red card incident) helped us 'stumble' towards a ten man solution that eventually paid dividends. I didn't feel it was a particularly stellar performance - and that might be me forgetting what actually constitutes a 'decent' performance or a 'great' performance. I might just be 'numb' to Villa right now. I didn't enjoy the game sadly.

I liked Lansbury and thought this was maybe his most 'committed' performance for us... a little further forward and putting himself about. At one stage, I was convinced that it was him who was going to get himself sent off... he seemed to be that 'committed' at times. But then it was Baker who saw red. I was sat in the Holte Lower, so I had a Wengeresque lack of vision of the incident. Unless that card gets appealed and repealed, I assume that Baker now misses three games at the start of the season too? Already without Kodjia and Baker at the start then?? You see where I am going with this?

The referee - what can you say that hasn't already? As biased and as inconsistent as I have seen all season. I really think the quality of 'officiating' is really poor. Some very strange decisions made on reflection that hopefully means that he will be relegated to Fourth Official status only for a while. A proper 'womble.'

I left on 86 minutes so missed Jack's equaliser. It was that kind of day for me. Couldn't be arsed with a 'lap of appreciation,' and I wanted to beat the traffic and also avoid a 'walk of shame' past the Brighton supporters given how it was going. Sorry, I can't clap 13th... I went a bit high horse I'm afraid... the money they earn etc. I just can't clap 13th after everything that's gone on. We won nothing, we saved ourselves from nothing... the whole season fizzled out to a 'meh.'

So, walking down Witton Lane towards the station, I walked by half a dozen 'Brighton Champions' scarf sellers. LOL, in the end. I have no malice for Brighton and in truth, I would have loved it... just LOVED it, if they had beaten the barcodes to the glory. But Brighton as a side (not the supporters) deserved to not win that game against us. The referee contrivances and their 'bullying, conniving' nastiness on the pitch.

Justice was served... even on me, missing out on a Grealish goal at the Holte because I had my arse in my hands. I don't want to hear about Villa now until mid-July.

Sod you.

Interesting.....for me , i don't give a fig what other teams do and equally have no interest in getting involved in their joy or pain.

I save every globule of passion for AVFC

The rest is non of my business.....thats my take.

• Like 2

The most important thing that happened during this game was that Hutton didn't start and Bree did, while the team played well. So much of everything we've done over the past couple of years can be linked back to how limited Hutton is. 

If he is still starting next season, I'll pretty much give up.

I've now had chance to see the Hogan injury tackle from Sidwell. That's a red card all day long - Hogan's leg bent as the ankle went over. Surely there should be retrospective action taken about that? That was a terrible tackle and potentially career ending give or take a square inch extra of pressure.

And the penalty incident - Villa MUST appeal that red card. Baker fingered by double jeopardy. It is actually a very innocuous challenge in comparison to the felling of Davis at the other end.

Referee really needs to have a good long look at himself.

Has anyone got any footage of our two penalty appeals.

I thought they were both very good shouts. The first one especially looked stonewall from where I was.
Fair enough if the defender has got a toe on it then it's a great tackle, but I really don't think he did.

The second one could go either way, but I've seen them given.

On 07/05/2017 at 20:32, OutByEaster? said:
On 07/05/2017 at 20:30, Stevo985 said:

I hope he never plays for us again. 

That's a bit severe I think - these things happen on a football field. Bacuna for all his faults takes a decent free kick - so does Hourihane - it's just one of those things - they had a big hug at the end. For me Bacuna was better in the second half after his strop - I'm hoping that's some sort of sign of self awareness.

Jaysus it's not easy to quote an embedded quote.  Anyhoo... eh, I'm with @Stevo985 on this.  Bacuna is everything that is wrong with our squad at the moment.  He is mediocrity personified.  All huff and puff to make up for (at this level of football) zero quality.  In my view if he is still anywhere near the first team come next season then we will have had a terrible transfer window.  Of the players who regularly appear for the first team, Bacuna and Gardner should be the first 2 slots to be strengthened.

• Like 3

Â