Games streamed live overseas 2017/8!

Am I reading this right? Does "Unless that match has been selected by the EFL's overseas broadcast partners" mean that if you were in the USA that would be about nine or ten of our games last season you wouldn't get through this - and that to get every game you'd also need to subscribe to ESPN or Fox or whatever Murdoch owns over there?

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Am I reading this right? Does "Unless that match has been selected by the EFL's overseas broadcast partners" mean that if you were in the USA that would be about nine or ten of our games last season you wouldn't get through this - and that to get every game you'd also need to subscribe to ESPN or Fox or whatever Murdoch owns over there?

Typical. Starts of sounding like a good idea, then with every bit of information it gets less and less appealing until it ends up sounding like a stupid half baked idea that should never have been mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Typical. Starts of sounding like a good idea, then with every bit of information it gets less and less appealing until it ends up sounding like a stupid half baked idea that should never have been mentioned. 

To be fair, you can't show games someone else has paid for. The only solution is to not allow anyone to buy the rights and only allow the online system. There is no way the EFL has the reach in the USA (or anywhere else for that matter) for that to be a viable model. 

• Like 2

If it wasn't for BT sport i would think that sky would maybe have looked to get round the no live 3pm games law by simply not playing any premier league games on saturdays at all. Some weeks there are only 4/5 games anyway and by moving them all to fri/sun/mon this would possibly have allowed them to look at doing some sort of season ticket for each club instead of/aswell as the usual sky sports sub and show every single game live.

20 years ago in spain i could watch pretty much any live english game, madness that in this day and age you still can't watch every game for each team when there are multiple cameras at every single ground in the country every week right down to the bottom of league 2

• Like 1

I attend most games but it'd be quite annoying if a non U.K. Fan was able to watch all Home and Away  Full games yet a ST holder couldn't ?

Also - stupid as this sounds given how we perform !! - I always watch every game twice more if I can......so a Full Replay idea would be good. Which I've suggested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

I for one will be purchasing this and using a VPN to watch it through. Then any games televised elsewhere, well I'll find those won't I. Biggest problem with the championship for me was not having every game available to watch on the box - this changes everything. And just in time for our promotion winning season!

I think this might be a good idea if I understood what it meant !!

Do you mean there is a way a U.K. resident could subscribe and watch ?

Please make sure this thread stays on the right side of the law. Don't post how to do things which are (probably) illegal; including fraud. Your opinion on whether they should be legal isn't important.

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I think this might be a good idea if I understood what it meant !!

Do you mean there is a way a U.K. resident could subscribe and watch ?

Subscribing to a VPN service is legal, subscribing and paying money to an official football streaming service is legal, but should that service realise that you are not in the country you say you are, then they can terminate your subscription - which they are obliged to do as part of their contract with the football league. All this should not be confused with piracy, or accessing illegal unofficial streams - that stuff is illegal. 

• Like 1

I used to subscribe to a new zealand and australia based premier league streaming service - all official, bar my location. The business behind these services know full well that a certain percentage of their subscribers will be accessing the service via a VPN - they literally do not care because money is changing hands. The premier league did try to crack down on it, by blocking the better known VPN IP addresses, but it was futile, and for sure nobody is going to be putting resources behind stopping fans of clubs like Burton from accessing official Championship streams. Have to say it again, none of this is illegal, it is the perogative of the service provider to prevent UK fans from lying about their location - which technically is very difficult for them to do, more so when they don't even have the appetite.  

20 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

A bit like the European Referendum then?

• Like 2

On 5/4/2017 at 09:03, sparrow1988 said:

I do love whatever device that you use and it's predictive text system. It produces some gems from time to time.:D

I was trying to figure out the rhyming slang :detect:

51 minutes ago, hogso said:

It's happening 

Not confirmed, but appears to be for everyone, not just those abroad

Great news if true. Q&A will be interesting. Hope theres a match build up for an hour or so before. Its so painful waiting to 2am with nothing to do. 

Great idea if it is a paid service for people to watch outside of the UK, creating an extra source of income for the club. 

For those complaining about not being able to access in the UK... get a ticket to the game. Winds me up when people complain that Villa Park should be full every week yet they dont actually go themselves.

I'm sure this is for foreign TV only, games that are broadcast on Sky will use the Sky coverage is all that's eluding to (the way I see it).

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Great idea if it is a paid service for people to watch outside of the UK, creating an extra source of income for the club. 

For those complaining about not being able to access in the UK... get a ticket to the game. Winds me up when people complain that Villa Park should be full every week yet they dont actually go themselves.

I have had a season ticket for 10+ years. However there's times I'd rather have the game on the TV so I don't lose the whole afternoon with my daughter's. 

Especially when we play like we did most home games last year. 

• Like 1

Â