Games streamed live overseas 2017/8!

If it was a match by match pay per view (no season discount) the club could gage over time how "attractive" a proposition it is to choose watching "Bruce's Villa" or other teams/matches. Sure the fanbase would use it as evidence for or against in arguements here on VT. But untapped markets would watch-digest-decide if we were worth the bother.

It's about time they scrapped this stupid law in the UK anyway regarding no live tv games at 3pm on saturdays.

Boo-hoo, if your team is shit and nobody wants to watch you then do something about it or pack it in. If people would prefer to watch a live game on TV rather than go to the game or pay £20 to watch some crap football in the Conference there is a reason for that so just let it happen and things will work themseves out as clubs adapt.

sure the rich will get richer due to more people paying to watch but that is the same with attendances and current TV money anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSV said:

thats what i was thinking. Cant we just log on to the opposition every week to watch our match? or whoever plays Villa gets no coverage. Vice versa with if we had our own version.. the opposition cant watch their side if we had the coverage only? Its better if they all stayed with IFOLLOW. 

But hey.. if Doc wants to give us our own.. fark the rest :)

The way I read it is you effectively buy a season ticket at the start.  So you would then get all of Villa's games* (if they hadn't opted out).

If that IS the case then in order to watch Villa v Barnsley on iFollow, you'd have to buy a Barnsley season ticket at £110.  For 2 matches (you'd get the away tie then as well :)).  And then a Cardiff season ticket etc etc etc.

* Interesting little caveat suggesting you probably wouldn't get your club's more glamourous ties any way.  Which might be why Villa opted out.  iFollow would probably miss half of Villa's season the amount of times we'd be selected.

with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

50 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Reckon tony has some 3D coverage planned, or summit like dat.

Tiny is going to wear a headcam which shall be streamed live.

It will also include his comments and views.

Nulion's copy protection technology was already bypassed for Prem League plus in 2024/2015, so I am sure iFollow and whatever Villa decide to go with will make its way to U.K. streamers ;) 

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Ouch!  We couldn't disagree more.  You'd kill already-struggling clubs, most of whom have been around for over 100 years.  England can rightly be proud of having 4 full professional leagues with no B teams or regional separation like the other big leagues have to have.  Not to mention the leagues below that.  You'd rip the heart out of the most vulnerable clubs just to knowingly further line the pockets of the already-haves.  No, no and thrice no.

There are enough set top boxes, websites, IPTV providers, pubs that offer 3pm football and have done for a good number of years, I watched the Blackburn game from home last weekend live, so I don't agree it would kill struggling clubs if all 3pms were broadcast in the U.K, chances are the people that would subscribe to extra games are watching them already.)

Edited by avfc456
  • Like 1

Â