Games streamed live overseas 2017/8!

17 minutes ago, weedman said:

This attitude really winds me up, not everyone lives 15 minutes from the ground mate, a Saturday 3pm kick off means I leave my house around 11/11.30, put £50 petrol in the car, have to eat a dirty burger as it'll be 7pm before a pass a service station on way back, watch the game for 2 hours and try and be home by 8pm after which I'm knackered and poor, a weekday evening? No chance, with traffic I'd have to leave by about 4 for an 8pm game (and having done this before, it's tight) and I'd be lucky to be home by 1 am, it's irrelevant anyway, as it's incredibly rare I'd be finished work in time to go in any case

A season ticket for me would cost £550ish (whatever upper Holte is now), plus £60 a game travelling, luckily I'll only make about 15 of them that are on weekends, so only an extra £900 there, so for the bargain price of £1,450 I can watch 15 out of 46 games, or I could try and sign up for a service to watch all 46 on TV, and try and go get to the odd one here or there when I can, guess that means I'm not a proper fan

Agreed , there are many people in the U.K. Who are villa fans that cannot attend games regularly for maybe health or financial reasons - or just the fact they live a long way from villa park , it was ludicrous recently that people in  many parts of the world could watch the local derby yet people in the U.K. could  not .

i hope one day people in the uk will also gain access to season ticket viewing but think it's probably a long way off still.

Edited by Eastie

On 14/05/2017 at 19:41, weedman said:

This attitude really winds me up, not everyone lives 15 minutes from the ground mate, a Saturday 3pm kick off means I leave my house around 11/11.30, put £50 petrol in the car, have to eat a dirty burger as it'll be 7pm before a pass a service station on way back, watch the game for 2 hours and try and be home by 8pm after which I'm knackered and poor, a weekday evening? No chance, with traffic I'd have to leave by about 4 for an 8pm game (and having done this before, it's tight) and I'd be lucky to be home by 1 am, it's irrelevant anyway, as it's incredibly rare I'd be finished work in time to go in any case

A season ticket for me would cost £550ish (whatever upper Holte is now), plus £60 a game travelling, luckily I'll only make about 15 of them that are on weekends, so only an extra £900 there, so for the bargain price of £1,450 I can watch 15 out of 46 games, or I could try and sign up for a service to watch all 46 on TV, and try and go get to the odd one here or there when I can, guess that means I'm not a proper fan

Top post. 

I used to go to 12-15 home games a season but now I have 2 young children, bills to pay and general responsibility which means I can't afford £100 days out unless I'm treating the kids! 

So 'getting a ticket and going to the game' which was the moan of the other poster isn't feasible for me apart from once or twice a season and it's usually as a xmas or birthday treat! 

im disappointed in myself for being such a shit fan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Top post. 

I used to go to 12-15 home games a season but now I have 2 young children, bills to pay and general responsibility which means I can't afford £100 days out unless I'm treating the kids! 

So 'getting a ticket and going to the game' which was the moan of the other poster isn't feasible for me apart from once or twice a season and it's usually as a xmas or birthday treat! 

'Shit fan' was never the intention of my post. No fan is a shit fan, I don't believe in any of that nonsense.

The point I am trying to make, perhaps poorly, is that at this level whilst we are playing Championship football showing all of our games live would be detrimental to the attendances at games. Attendances at the games are proven to generate income for the club and and an atmosphere that can improve the performance of the players on the pitch.

As a Premiership side, where you are managing to fill the stadium consistently then I agree showing games would be good for those who are unable to make it due to family, financial, illness related reasons.

7 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Top post. 

Well I'm a shittier fan then. My last game was at the insistance of my GF because I promised to take her to a game but I was too embarrassed at the football so it took a couple of years to expose her to Cruisine a la Lerner/Bruce.

• Like 1

Well I DO go to the games but am still racked off I can't watch them in full after at least ... would that be so hard ? What about if the Club make the game available a day or do later in the uk ? 

Possible or not allowed ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Well I'm a shittier fan then. My last game was at the insistance of my GF because I promised to take her to a game but I was too embarrassed at the football so it took a couple of years to expose her to Cruisine a la Lerner/Bruce.

You bloody terrible fan, you.

• Like 1

I agree with the point you're making, but just to add a few points, I'm an Upper Holte season ticket holder and mine was £420 this year (early bird discount) and last, and a quick look at the website shows that the cheapest ST is currently £340. So £200 cheaper than you expected. Also, if having a greasy burger is a big issue for you, you could always grab a meal deal for £3 from a local shop ;)

On 04/05/2017 at 21:57, Chewie said:

Nulion's copy protection technology was already bypassed for Prem League plus in 2024/2015,

You are keenan and I claim my £5 prize.

On 5/21/2017 at 23:48, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't live too far but I'm short sighted so end up having to guess sometimes which player has just done what. Much prefer to watch on tv for that reason.  

Ever thought about getting a pair of these :mrgreen:

Image result for fluffy eye glasses

• Like 2

Ticket £30

Ferry £25

Train £50

Food £20

£125 per game for me. That's if I book in advance, which isnt always possible.

Â