Pre-match thread

Demitri_C

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:42, OutByEaster? said:

The question then becomes - just how do you shoehorn Bacuna into the starting line up?

I could've used 'shoehorn' and 'into  Bacuna' in a sentence but it would've been barred..........

• Like 2

Can't really be bothered to go.

I expect we'll lose and it won't be a very good game. With nothing to play for I don't really fancy it. But I'll be there.

The only thing I care about with the lineup is that Gardner and Bacuna aren't in it.
If somebody wants to buy them in the summer then I'll drive them to their new clubs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't really be bothered to go.

I expect we'll lose and it won't be a very good game. With nothing to play for I don't really fancy it. But I'll be there.

The only thing I care about with the lineup is that Gardner and Bacuna aren't in it.
If somebody wants to buy them in the summer then I'll drive them to their new clubs.

I'll pay for your petrol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farlz said:

Oh how I can't wait to watch us have our defenders lump the ball to Hogan for 90 minutes. Nice and easy win for Brighton.

Brighton fan here.

That tactic will probably win you the game. We lost 2-0 at home to Hogan when Brentford came to The Amex in September.

He sat on (36 year old, no pace) Bruno's shoulder and chased the long balls down. 

That and and our lot have been 'on the beach' since winning promotion. 2 games, 2 losses since that game.

Fully expecting the third loss. Our season ended when we won promotion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHA Bob said:

Brighton fan here.

That tactic will probably win you the game. We lost 2-0 at home to Hogan when Brentford came to The Amex in September.

He sat on (36 year old, no pace) Bruno's shoulder and chased the long balls down. 

That and and our lot have been 'on the beach' since winning promotion. 2 games, 2 losses since that game.

Fully expecting the third loss. Our season ended when we won promotion.

I hope to be sounding similarly downbeat for identical reasons in pretty much exactly a years time.

Mind you, I said that exactly a year ago........

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

We're playing? Really struggling to find any enthusiasm whatsoever

Didn't want to come but feels better now I'm here.

Jeez this following a Club screws with your head!

It felt awful watching Play Off and Promotion  battles this week. I usually love them, but this has felt worse than Relegation did .

It would be nice to finish the season on a high, but I have no reason to believe that we'll do anything other than lump long balls intellectually up the field and concede either just before or just after the break. Bruce will make his first sub in the 79th minute and that'll be that.

• Like 1

So glad this rubbish season is coming to an end.

We have no basis to think we will win this today except Brighton seem to have reacted to getting promoted by collapsing into rubbish football, so you never know.

There again, if we win we risk allowing Newcastle to take the title.

Ciuldn't give a toss about this match really. 

Roll on the summer hols. French Open Tennis soon... :)

Edited by briny_ear