Pre-match thread

Demitri_C

Brighton growing up to me were an absolute tin pot club, I can still remember when I used to see their games on TV and the ground would be completely empty, there was a running track, and the most pathetic single tier stands you've ever seen. Now they will be coming to our place on the final day of the season, to celebrate and take joy in the fact they have now leapfrogged us to the biggest league in the world.

I may have a change of heart throughout the week, but I don't think I can summon the desire to attend this one and see that side of the Doug Ellis bouncing up and down in delight.

**** you Randy Lerner. **** you.

Last game of the season and the only reason to go to this game is to say goodbye and good riddance to a shit season.

Why was it so shit? surley we are all used to our best players leaving, losing football matches, shit football and fighting relegation?

No? This was something different, over the last 6/7 seasons we've got used to losing to lower league teams in cup games. Now we play shit no-hopers every other week (every week even?) and still can beat most of them.

It seems the more we spend the more shit we are.

So our guests are Brighton. A local family owned club on the rise with a clear vision of what they want to achieve and how they want to do it.

Brighton, with a win, will garantee winning the league, will be presented with the Championship title and parade it with their away fans in front of "The Villa" and TV-lands millions when SKY switch their interest from who goes to L1 to who goes with a trophy to the PL. We will be just a side show, the joke, the big-spenders, the dead giant once champions of England and Europe who couldnt hack it in the PL.

So Tony, if you are there, watching not only the demeanour of our Manager, coaches, bench, the first 11 (minus injuries) and our loyal fans, but the achievements of a club deserved of their success showing a one time shining light of English football how to "do it". I hope you take one step back and have a good look around at all that is Aston Villa and instead of concentrating on what is wrong, the mistakes that have been made, the list of excuses and the utter shite that is presented on the pitch, But to have an image of what should be on display in front of your eyes. A manager driven by ambition, coaches with ability and a playing squad making it evident what an honour and privelige it is to wear an Aston Villa shirt, playing a game of football that will make every Villa fan proud to support the club.

Time to see it all one more time how far we have fallen, how far we are away from where we want to be, how wrong we are going about it and how depressing it all is.

Lets suffer all the symptoms of this sad condition one more time then close to book on this disgraceful season.

If I could set up a team worthy of Aston Villa using just the players that are in any way deserved to serve this great club I'd come short of a full team/matchday squad.

Nobody

Bree Chester Baker Taylor

Jedi

Lansbury      Hourihane

Adomah                    Green

Kodjia

Bench: Hogan & Nobody's

A sad state for Millions spent.

We need a Doctor, a Surgeon and one hell of a blood transfusion that Keith Richard would be proud of to get this club fit for purpose.

Will this last game of the season be our last lesson?

or

An end to the nightmare?

or

a limp in to next seasons same old?

Tony, it's all in your hands.

Over to you.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 3

On 2017-5-2 at 11:23, Designer1 said:

Well, it's been fun but here's the last one ever.

word_85nil.png.3dca9cc71e4d6d66defc49ab5a8c6634.png

In addition to the usual prediction, there's 14 Villa/VT related words hidden in there.

A shiny new copy of the 2017 edition of the Internet for the first person to get them all :)

Tear, rat, rid, tic, dank, het, bad, nil, ah. 

I think there's a reasonable chance of:

-------------------Johnstone--------------------

Bree--------Chester--------Baker-------Taylor

-------------Lansbury-----Gardner------------

Adomah----------Hourihane---------Grealish

----------------------Hogan--------------------

subs

Sarkic, Richards, Elphick, Amavi, Bacuna, Davis and erm??

Missing:

Agbonlahor, Steer, Kozak, Green, Bjarnason, Hutton, Jedinak, Kodjia, De Laet, Hepburn Murphy, Bunn, Lyden.

We've had a crap year for injuries.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

subs

Missing:

Agbonlahor, Steer, Kozak, Green, Bjarnason, Hutton, Jedinak, Kodjia, De Laet, Hepburn Murphy, Bunn, Lyden.

Ouch.  Jesus that really is nearly everyone.  The only player who has appeared this season for the first team that you haven't covered in your post is Corey Blackett-Taylor, so I assume he'll be your "erm??".

Just now, BOF said:

Ouch.  Jesus that really is nearly everyone.  The only player who has appeared this season for the first team that you haven't covered in your post is Corey Blackett-Taylor, so I assume he'll be your "erm??".

He'll do! :)

The question mark in the starting eleven I guess is Grealish - but the only alternative is Amavi - unless he changes the shape and Keinan Davis starts?

Options are limited.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

He'll do! :)

The question mark in the starting eleven I guess is Grealish - but the only alternative is Amavi - unless he changes the shape and Keinan Davis starts?

Options are limited.

With Jedinak missing and Bruce's pre-dilection for 4-4-2 there is that possibility alright.  Amavi/Grealish is a toss-up.  I think I'd go with Grealish on the basis that Hogan prefers it to feet and Amavi's value is moreso in his crosses.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The question then becomes - just how do you shoehorn Bacuna into the starting line up?

Um, you don't? (well I don't)

Johnstone

Bree-Chester-Baker-Taylor

Adomah-Lansbury-Hourihane-Grealish

Davis-Hogan

Althought thinking about it, that would be suicide against Brighton.  They'd pass you to death.

I've backed Brighton & Newcastle in a double.  They both need to win and I suspect both will.  Financial decision, innit fam?

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I've backed Brighton & Newcastle in a double.  They both need to win and I suspect both will.  Financial decision, innit fam?

I share your logic and have also had a punt 

Bruce will attempt his beloved 4-4-2 and it will be a total disaster as it always is. 

Aston Villa will without a doubt fail to score. How many Brighton score is up to them.

We are unbelievably shit, it will be compounded by an unbelievably shit line up from Bruce which probably consist of Bacuna and Gardner as a midfield duo in the middle of the park. It's going to be a turgid scrappy performance culminating in an inevitable defeat. 

We are going to be outside the premier league for a very long time indeed.

Considering we have limited players to choose from I'd go with the following 4 4 1 1 formation, with grealish hopefully providing a useful link between midfield and lonely hogan.

...................Johnstone

bree....chester.....baker....taylor

Adomah.Lansbury.hourihane.amavi

.................grealish

......................hogan

• Like 2

On 2017-5-4 at 12:46, Grasshopper said:

Last game of the season and the only reason to go to this game is to say goodbye and good riddance to a shit season.

Why was it so shit? surley we are all used to our best players leaving, losing football matches, shit football and fighting relegation?

No? This was something different, over the last 6/7 seasons we've got used to losing to lower league teams in cup games. Now we play shit no-hopers every other week (every week even?) and still can beat most of them.

It seems the more we spend the more shit we are.

So our guests are Brighton. A local family owned club on the rise with a clear vision of what they want to achieve and how they want to do it.

Brighton, with a win, will garantee winning the league, will be presented with the Championship title and parade it with their away fans in front of "The Villa" and TV-lands millions when SKY switch their interest from who goes to L1 to who goes with a trophy to the PL. We will be just a side show, the joke, the big-spenders, the dead giant once champions of England and Europe who couldnt hack it in the PL.

So Tony, if you are there, watching not only the demeanour of our Manager, coaches, bench, the first 11 (minus injuries) and our loyal fans, but the achievements of a club deserved of their success showing a one time shining light of English football how to "do it". I hope you take one step back and have a good look around at all that is Aston Villa and instead of concentrating on what is wrong, the mistakes that have been made, the list of excuses and the utter shite that is presented on the pitch, But to have an image of what should be on display in front of your eyes. A manager driven by ambition, coaches with ability and a playing squad making it evident what an honour and privelige it is to wear an Aston Villa shirt, playing a game of football that will make every Villa fan proud to support the club.

Time to see it all one more time how far we have fallen, how far we are away from where we want to be, how wrong we are going about it and how depressing it all is.

Lets suffer all the symptoms of this sad condition one more time then close to book on this disgraceful season.

If I could set up a team worthy of Aston Villa using just the players that are in any way deserved to serve this great club I'd come short of a full team/matchday squad.

Nobody

Bree Chester Baker Taylor

Jedi

Lansbury      Hourihane

Adomah                    Green

Kodjia

Bench: Hogan & Nobody's

A sad state for Millions spent.

We need a Doctor, a Surgeon and one hell of a blood transfusion that Keith Richard would be proud of to get this club fit for purpose.

Will this last game of the season be our last lesson?

or

An end to the nightmare?

or

a limp in to next seasons same old?

Tony, it's all in your hands.

Over to you.

Summed up to perfection .

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:13, OutByEaster? said:

subs

Missing:

True, but apart from Jedi and Kodja would having those others fitter for longer have made a lot of difference ?  Worryingly. I have my doubts............would be happy enough with that side - Gardner obviously. (Any kid preferred, even though I've watched a few of them and they are nothing to shout about...better than wasting any more time with GG)