Pre-match thread

Demitri_C

Not too optimistic about this one, Brighton are an excellent side, with good team play as a well balanced side... suspect it might be a frustrating afternoon for us, and probably a 0-2 loss.

On 30/04/2017 at 17:04, Demitri_C said:

So we find us in a position where we can have a say where the title goes? For me I want us try win the game despite my dislike to Newcastle. 

I'm guessing this is likely to be on tv now?

No - the 2 live th games are the relegation battles  games forest v Ipswich and brentford v Blackburn .

the season is over for me - flying off to Portugal on weds and will not bother trying to find a bar for our  game - rather lie in the sun and forget football ;)

• Like 1

The result is largely irrelevant so I'll be more curious about the line-up in what is the closest thing to a throwaway game you're likely to get.  Although what they're able to achieve in a week's training that they haven't learned to date is probably nada.  I'll be surprised if we win.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eastie said:

No - the 2 live th games are the relegation battles  games forest v Ipswich and brentford v Blackburn .

the season is over for me - flying off to Portugal on weds and will not bother trying to find a bar for our  game - rather lie in the sun and forget football ;)

Incredible. They would choose those games over villa vs Brighton and Newcastle vs Barnsley.

Even blose vs Bristol city would have been better than those two shit games. Sky really are clowns

We probably played our best football of the season when drawing 1-1 at Brighton in November but only one of the two teams is left with anything to play for on Sunday.

Brighton have yet to beat us at Villa Park and last beat us at their Goldstone Ground back in 1980 (1-0) during our championship season. They also won our first meeting 1-0 at Stamford Bridge in the 1910 FA Charity Shield which was then played between the Football League and Southern League champions. Sadly this has been a season when too many of these sought of records have been all too easily broken. 

It would be nice if we could win this one with a little bit of style so that we could go into the summer break on a bit of a high and having finished in the top half of the table. Make it happen Villa!    

18 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I will not be giving a flying **** about the game on Sunday as it's race day 3 for the BTCC at Thruxton.

Ooh always liked Thruxton.  Might watch if it's on the tellybox :)