Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I used to but haven't for a while. The last racing game I had was Driveclub which was shit.

I've only ever used controllers for racing games too.

What i will say is, and this is based purely on what I've seen from people playing them on YouTube, Forza 6 looks a lot more arcadey than GT Sport. Not sure if that's reflected in the handling.

Cheers mate.

Was going to buy this today, the  PSN was down and now I just wonder about getting an XBOne for Forza, as the lack of a decent single player on GTS bothers me.

9 minutes ago, Dick said:

Cheers mate.

Was going to buy this today, the  PSN was down and now I just wonder about getting an XBOne for Forza, as the lack of a decent single player on GTS bothers me.

There's plenty of single player content on GTS. Can't say how it compares to Forza, and I've pretty much abandoned it since I started racing online. But it's there.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's plenty of single player content on GTS. Can't say how it compares to Forza, and I've pretty much abandoned it since I started racing online. But it's there.

Really not sure what to do. This game looks fun, but I also want something more like what GT6 or Forza 6 offer.

Is it easy to set up a league, for example, for this forum? So we could do something if a few of us had the game?

18 minutes ago, Dick said:

Really not sure what to do. This game looks fun, but I also want something more like what GT6 or Forza 6 offer.

Is it easy to set up a league, for example, for this forum? So we could do something if a few of us had the game?

I don't know if there's an in game option to set up a league.

But it would be easy enough to sort out ourselves even if there isn't.

Could choose one race a week, or one race every few days. Announce the track and class beforehand so everyone can get some practice in and then set up a private race online and get everyone in for qualifying and the race.

As long as someone records the results then it would be easy to manually do a league table. I'd be happy to do that myself.

We just need people to play it!

Shit is good. I might actually win a race! :) 

Well @dubbs definitely plays. @villarule123 was thinking about getting it so I'm sure we could pressure him.

Could still do with a few more. @StefanAVFC fancy it?

Edit: I might be able to persuade @MadManMarcus, he definitely had the demo and is a racing game veteran. Although he's usually really **** good at them...

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Your moves are quite clunky in the car as you turn it, almost like you're either turning or not turning, it's not a smooth motion.

A dead zone is the distance you move your stick before it starts to move in game.  Your dead zone appears to be quite high, so you move the stick a lot left or right to get an action in game.  

If there is a dead zone setting, you could probably reduce it, ultimately giving you more control because you might not have to slow down as much because you'll have greater control.

Just have a Google.

I fiddled around with this last night.

I actually think the issue was the opposite. I think my stick was too sensitive, meaning even the slightest touch was turning the car a lot. So I've turned it down and it seems a bit smoother.

I also think the video probably accentuated it because the car was shit so there's lots of over/understeer, plus the chase camera is really stiff, so any movement of the car makes the camera move

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I fiddled around with this last night.

I actually think the issue was the opposite. I think my stick was too sensitive, meaning even the slightest touch was turning the car a lot. So I've turned it down and it seems a bit smoother.

I also think the video probably accentuated it because the car was shit so there's lots of over/understeer, plus the chase camera is really stiff, so any movement of the car makes the camera move

That's cool, nice one dude. 

My point was really alluding to it actually helping take a few hundredths of a second off your times because if it's like old GT games, depending on how gently/roughly you take the turn, your speed drops more - so hopefully with that little fiddle, you'll end up winning a race! :) 

Good luck.  

• Like 1

Found this site which holds your stats. 

Here are mine. 

99 races. No wins :D

im actually really surprised I’ve done that many races already. 

That site also shows that the gap from DR B to A is huge. 

• Like 2

I was definitely capable of winning the second Daily Race last night (Kyoto Driving Park). But I didn't.

First attempt I started 5th, ended up 2nd with a lap to go and was reeling in first place, but couldn't get close enough. Had it been a lap longer I'd have won I'm certain.

Second attempt I started 6th and was heading for another 2nd place before some word removed punted me off on the penultimate corner.

Then this is where the qualifying confuses me. I was feeling really confident after those races, so I thought if I could improve my qualifying time and start a bit higher I'd have a really good chance of a win.

So I put in a few good laps, took over half a second off my qualifying time (a lot at that stage) annnnd.... started from 12th! 

Which basically gave me no chance of finishing anywhere decent :( 

Win number 1 still evades me

On a separate note, there was a big update this week and I have a feeling they tweaked the SR system to make it less sensitive. I went blue in all of my races and up to a solid A rating now.

So that seems good, but I just hope it doesn't encourage people to be a bit more dirty. I certainly didn't notice any of that last night though.

Â