Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

This is big news though...

Penalty Zones Coming to GT Sport’s FIA and Daily Races

At the Regional Finals we’ve seen a different mechanism: Penalty Lines. The Penalty Line is a part of every track, usually just at the start of the track’s longest straight, that marks a compulsory zone for serving a penalty. Should any player have a penalty to serve, their car will automatically slow down and ghost as soon as they reach this line. Once the penalty reaches zero, they can continue driving.

Update, I still cannot play ANY games. I am trying one more time to initialise the system ( because of ce-24878-0), but I doubt it will work. Put it this way, I bought Everybody's Golf a few weeks back, the game gave that error on the opening sequences where you talk to people. It happens on all games. So I have nothing to play and certainly won't buy any massive games like RDR2 yet.

I miss GT sport :( 

Update details.

Source

Update Size: 2.566 GB

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced: Main Features

1. New Cars  

The following nine cars have been added: * Ferrari GTO '84 * Honda EPSON NSX '08 * Jaguar E-type Coupé '61 * Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 * Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 * MINI Cooper S '05 * Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 * Pagani Zonda R '09 * Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version '98

2. Track  

The "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout" track is now available.

3. Campaign Mode

The following events are now part of "GT League:" * Beginners League: “Mini Challenge” * Professional League: “X2014 Nations Cup” * ”Group 4 Cup” Rounds 4 and 5 * ”Boxer Spirit” Rounds 4 and 5 * ”All Japan GT Car Championship” Rounds 4 and 5 * ”Porsche Cup” Round 4

"Fuji International Speedway" has been added to the "Circuit Experience."

4. Scapes

“Autumn Leaves” joins the special featured section.

5. Brand Central

"Maserati" and "Pagani" have been added.

6. Controller

The rev LED, gear position and speed are now part of the Thrustmaster® BT LED Display.

7. Car Settings

Transmission part names and detailed descriptions are now available. (For more information, please refer to the “Car Settings Options” page of the Online Manual, under the “Transmission selection” section.)

8. Sport Mode & Lobby

The Shortcut Penalties judgement algorithm has been updated:

Shortcut Penalties were originally assessed as soon as the car returned to the track. They will now be performed a short time after the car returns to the track.
Also, a Shortcut Penalty will not be applied if the car returns to the track in an unstable state after a shortcut, or when the driver intentionally decelerates after returning to the track.
Other Improvements and Adjustments

We remedied an issue with the "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3" where the position of the canard wing on the left front fender and the rear view while in the cockpit view mode were not accurate. (For more information regarding the correction to the canard wing, please see “'Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3' Livery Data Warning.”)

The engine sound of the "Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard ’14" has been altered.

We have updated the names for "Fuji International Speedway" (formerly "Fuji Speedway F") and "Fuji International Speedway (Short)" (formerly "Fuji Speedway GT").

We fixed an issue in GT League where opponent cars were not being refueled in the "GT League Endurance" races.

Various other issues have also been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy the continuing evolution of Gran Turismo Sport!

I'm taking a break for a bit, but the part in bold is VERY good news for me.

It should mean those annoying times when you bin it into a wall, lose a load of time, and STILL get slapped with a penalty for going off the track should disappear. It should also give you the option that if you cut accidentally, you can give the place back or slow down to make sure you don't get the penalty.

I like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Won my first online race tonight. I’ve only done nine of them in total, but I’ve barely qualified halfway up the pack and the highest I’d finished before tonight was about 6th, I never got anywhere near the leaders.

Just decided to give it a go tonight as I bought a new controller and my R2 works properly now. Did the TT race around Tokyo Expressway and qualified 2nd much to my delight. Managed to get in the lead at the start of the second lap and lead comfortably for the rest of the race.

Uploaded a video for anyone who might be interested, though it wasn’t the most exciting of races and I definitely made mistakes. I sometimes get distracted by other players, thinking they know better than I do and lose my racing line, instead adopting a similar one to the cars in front, meaning I make the same silly mistakes they do. Managed to snap out of it on this one though. Silly how nervous I was to hold on to the win!

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

It really does! It’s a tight track and I tried being as clean as I could. The third place guy bashed me as he overtook me on the first lap. Aside from that I had a bit of a coming together with the lead car as I overtook him on the inside which was admittedly a bit tight, but oh well.

It’s very difficult to pass anyone cleanly on that track. 

You should try and lower your traction control. On a road car like that you don’t need any. 

Maybe have it on 1 or 2 for the race cars, depending on which one you’re using, but the lower the better. 

Does TCS really make that much of a difference? I’ve only played around with it set very low once or twice and I found it very difficult to control. I’ll practice more with it.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Does TCS really make that much of a difference? I’ve only played around with it set very low once or twice and I found it very difficult to control. I’ll practice more with it.

Yeah it does. Not massive, but definitely worth time every lap. You'll generally be slower accelerating out of corners with it on.

And yeah you have to play it off against the car being harder to control with it off.

Essentially any road cars (i.e. below GR4) you shouldn't have traction control on. GR4 I personally wouldn't have any TCS on any car, but there are one or two where a notch may help.
GR3 I try to not have it on but have to have it on 1 for a few cars.

Above that depends on the car. GR2 I can't drive with TCS off. Have to have it on 1 or 2. GR1 tends to be easier because of the downforce.

It's tricky to get there. Basically it's all about throttle control. You can't just nail the accelerator out of a corner. But it's worth gradually trying to phase it out and lower it.

Same with your transmission. You'll be much faster with Manual. That makes a bigger difference than TCS in all honesty.

Â