Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Won another FIA race last night :D

Manufacturer's at Blue Moon Speedway.

I'll upload a video later (that nobody will watch but I don't care!)
Not particularly exciting, but a win nonetheless.

My race went perfectly. It reminded me of one of those track cycling sprint races, where they go really slowly for a couple of laps until one of them makes a break for it.

We weren't going slowly, but me and the guy in 2nd had no intention of racing until the last couple of laps :)

Was only when I noticed that his tyres must be going around lap 15 or 16 because the gap kept going up around the first corner to 0.7-0.8 seconds that I pushed. Never broke the slipstream but he made a mistake on the penultimate lap and couldn't close the gap on the final lap.

Very rewarding, but I did get lucky at the start with whatever happened behind me. I'll upload the video later but annoyed I didn't save the proper replay so I could really see what happened.

Only got one race in last night. Daily Race B. 
That configuration is hard! I was absolutely nowhere.

I hate being a B rank. People are too **** good in it. The guy on pole in my race was less than 2 seconds off the best time in the world for that track. And there's almost always someone that good in a race.

Also I absolutely punted someone on one corner. It was my fault but a total accident.

My SR went from 99 to 67. Sometimes the punishments for a bad race are insane.

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Only got one race in last night. Daily Race B. 
That configuration is hard! I was absolutely nowhere.

I hate being a B rank. People are too **** good in it. The guy on pole in my race was less than 2 seconds off the best time in the world for that track. And there's almost always someone that good in a race.

I did B twice yesterday, I think I came 3rd both times. I got used to it now, but there's a couple of really stupid sections, namely the quick left, right, left, right in the middle.

This bit:

image.png.19e20765dbad21a1a499622078fa0ce8.png

Because if you're off, you lose so much speed for the long corner and S bends.

Edited by StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I did B twice yesterday, I think I came 3rd both times. I got used to it now, but there's a couple of really stupid sections, namely the quick left, right, left, right in the middle.

That's the key section. Get that right and you've got a good lap. I think it's right, left, right. Key is to make sure you go a bit slower for the left to make sure you can stay tight to the left, giving you a better angle and a good run out of the right hander. 
With it being uphill after that it's key to get that bit right.

I beat your qualifying time by about a second. It qualified me in 15th in my race.

Edited by Stevo985

Got another victory in Daily Race A last night.

Really got the hang of it in the end and was doing low 2:22's by the end.

There were still some people that were insanely quick though! The race I won I was in 3rd with 2 guys ahead who were doing 2:20 and 2:19's

Luckily they were battling and drove each other off the track on the last lap so I cruised through for an easy win.

Only issue was it was a DR drain. Even the clean races I wasn't getting blue SRs so I'm down to a B SR at the moment!

This week's daily race A is exactly the same as the one from a few weeks ago. Minis at the short suzuka circuit.

Weird.

Anyway B and C look good this week. Already had a couple of goes at B and absolutely ruined my SR. Crashed every time and took out a group of cars :D Total accident but I've plummeted to a C SR now. My DR took a hit too. Oops.

It's a good race though. That chicane is much easier in GR4 cars. Got a 1:49.4 already so if I can take another second off that somewhere then I'll be really competitve.

Edited by Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Already had a couple of goes at B and absolutely ruined my SR. Crashed every time and took out a group of cars :D Total accident but I've plummeted to a C SR now. My DR took a hit too. Oops.

It's a good race though. That chicane is much easier in GR4 cars. Got a 1:49.4 already so if I can take another second off that somewhere then I'll be really competitve.

I had the exact same problem. I'm pretty quick around the entire track and can take the chicane at nearly full speed, but people are so cautious around it that i end up crashing.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I had the exact same problem. I'm pretty quick around the entire track and can take the chicane at nearly full speed, but people are so cautious around it that i end up crashing.

First lap you have to just tip toe round that chicane. It gets so backed up you just can't take it at full speed. Stick to the inside lines of the corners so the guy behind you doesn't try to squeeze past and pray he doesn't run into you.

Once you've navigated that you're ok.

It was the long S bends I crashed at both times. Got 2 wheels on the grass and went flying, taking a couple of cars with me. I'm sure they were fuming :D

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

First lap you have to just tip toe round that chicane. It gets so backed up you just can't take it at full speed. Stick to the inside lines of the corners so the guy behind you doesn't try to squeeze past and pray he doesn't run into you.

Once you've navigated that you're ok.

It was the long S bends I crashed at both times. Got 2 wheels on the grass and went flying, taking a couple of cars with me. I'm sure they were fuming :D

The long S bends are difficult in reverse because of the hill, I always take the first one slow so I can take the others narrow and get a fast exit into the final straight.

Or at least I try to :D

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The long S bends are difficult in reverse because of the hill, I always take the first one slow so I can take the others narrow and get a fast exit into the final straight.

Or at least I try to :D

I think you can afford to take the first one more or less flat IF you nail the turning in point. Which is hard because it's over a crest.

If you miss it then you have to brake pretty hard to make the second two turns.

Staying tight on the second one (the left hander) is the crucial bit to ensure you get the fast exit.

I reckon I can add another few victories this week on Daily Race B. I really love that track, and while my SR is low I should get some easy lobbies.

Anyone doing FIA tonight? I'm avoiding the Nations race as I didn't like Kyoto in reverse. Maybe I'll do it as a sort of free hit.
St Croix for the Manufcaturers. I always think that track is hard because it's so long. A 3 minute lap with lots of corners so it's a bastard to learn.
I like the track though. 

I'm missing the next two saturday races so need to do these wednesday ones. Only two left.

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Race A this week, minis at Suzuka again!

That's the 3rd time in about 6 or 7 weeks.

I'm getting annoyed with this. I didn't do a single daily race last week because of the poor selection.
Luckily GR1 at Le Mans is the Daily Race C this week which should be decent.

Edited by Stevo985

I think I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for this.

Logged on last night for the FIA race, did a couple of laps practise and just couldn't be bothered. 
Went to try Daily Race C and the same. One practise lap and couldn't be arsed to carry on.

I may have burned myself out of Gran Turismo.

The crap choices for the daily races aren't helping. Suzuka and Nurburgring seem to be there almost every week. Tracks I really like like Dragontrail Gardens or Tokyo etc haven't been on there for weeks.

Edited by Stevo985

I've left it alone for a bit because it was getting too samey for me.  Once the initial enthusiasm for RDR2 had waned im sure I'll be back to this - unless BF V is any good :crylaugh:

Â