Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Are the gift cars random?

Yep. Totally. You can be gifted the 20 million credits ferrari.

But you can't sell any of the gift cars, so you can end up with multiples of the same car.

I got a 15 million credits Lambo for doing basic driving school :D

This game is super annoying so far.

Just did a daily race. I'm in 6th and I'm clearly faster than 4th and 5th. I got an overtake and he cuts across me and runs me off. No penalty. How the hell do you overtake cleanly??

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I got a 15 million credits Lambo for doing basic driving school :D

This game is super annoying so far.

Just did a daily race. I'm in 6th and I'm clearly faster than 4th and 5th. I got an overtake and he cuts across me and runs me off. No penalty. How the hell do you overtake cleanly??

patience patience patience

i'm coming on in a minute

I am generally quite level headed and it takes a lot to anger me, but I must admit there have been times this game has sent me into a rage. There is nothing more annoying than getting into a good position, then someone nudges you out and ruins your race.

I have a theory on the penalty system, I think the game has eased off a little bit on the harshness and some contact is allowed. As long as you are braking, and not accelerating into or turning in on someone then you can get away with a little nudge here an there now.

I am going to be busy for the next couple of evenings, so won't be on, but should be ok for Sunday evening if any races are going to be set?

15 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I am generally quite level headed and it takes a lot to anger me, but I must admit there have been times this game has sent me into a rage. There is nothing more annoying than getting into a good position, then someone nudges you out and ruins your race.

I have a theory on the penalty system, I think the game has eased off a little bit on the harshness and some contact is allowed. As long as you are braking, and not accelerating into or turning in on someone then you can get away with a little nudge here an there now.

I am going to be busy for the next couple of evenings, so won't be on, but should be ok for Sunday evening if any races are going to be set?

They've definitely made it less strict during the race. I think they even explicitly said that. It's still VERY strict when you get to S level, but they've reduced it for the others.

The problem with the lobbies is it doesn't affect your SR. So people will just be dicks and know the only consequence is they will be punished for that one race only, which is meaningless. So I can see that being frustrating.

Ultimately it's gonna happen all the time. Your race is going to be ruined loads, until you're really really good and racing with the big boys where it's much much better (and I don't mean me, I mean the A+ and S rated drivers. If you see some youtube clips of them racing it's so clean.)

if we can get a VT series going, which I would love, then I think we'll manage to keep it clean. Any ruining of races will be accidental (I hope!)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NeilS said:

From my (very limited!) experience so far, I've been nudged off by people not hitting me but forcing me off when I'm inside them. Also I've been smashed off a few times, the one person gets penalised but it's your race over.

I'll be on Sunday.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

From my (very limited!) experience so far, I've been nudged off by people not hitting me but forcing me off when I'm inside them. Also I've been smashed off a few times, the one person gets penalised but it's your race over.

I'll be on Sunday.

I know what you mean, it is frustrating they only get a 4-5 second slow down, but you end up at the back of the pack. The beginning of the race is the worst time, as everybody is close together and you can lose loads of places though. I also find that after that has happened I tend to push too hard and compound matters by making mistakes.

Keep practicing though and you will see the benefits as you get away from the dirty racers. 

Like I always say, first lap just keep your car on the tarmac. 

If it means you have to lose a place to avoid some racey word removed then so be it. 

If you do that most of the time you’ll find you’ve made up a few places just by other people crashing

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I always say, first lap just keep your car on the tarmac. 

If it means you have to lose a place to avoid some racey word removed then so be it. 

If you do that most of the time you’ll find you’ve made up a few places just by other people crashing

So true, and a lesson I have learned. You can make up loads of places that way as there is usually people going off all over the place in that first lap. Sometimes though you have to accept it is out of your hands though if someone outbrakes themselves, or is a word removed especially somewhere like Monza and that first chicane.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Having played a couple of races with him last night, I can already tell that this game is gonna send @StefanAVFC over the edge.

giphy.gif

Even if I run him off the track, it still won't come near the time when I cost us a Rocket League match with us 5-1 up with 1 minute left. He actually scared me over the headset!!! ?

Edited by villarule123
  • Haha 3

I enjoyed that last night lads.

Sounded a lot more fun for you three than it was for me and @MadManMarcus though!

I managed to stay with him for a couple of laps in most of the races but he was too consistent for me.

If we did it again we could always make the room open so that a load of randoms could join. That way we'd probably all be in a battle (apart from Marcus who would probably still be miles ahead of everyone)

Edited by Stevo985

I still have ambitions of doing some sort of Villa Talk Racing series.
If we could get 6 or more of us to commit I think it could work.

Set a track and car class at the start of the week to give us a few days to practice, and then on the day do a 10 or 15 minute qualifying session and something like a 12 lap race.

My social life has kicked into life the last few weeks after flat lining for months on end, but I am hoping to get on for some racing on Friday and Sunday evening if anybody is about?

Â