Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

On 24/10/2017 at 21:54, dubbs said:

Only briefly played it tonight.  Not sure why everyone is raving about the graphics.  In race graphics are poor IMO .  Gameplay is fine but nothing special.

22 hours ago, dubbs said:

After another session tonight im convinced this isn't a Gran Turismo game. There's so much not to like about it.  

ArnoldWRONG.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

:D:P

• Haha 1

Ok so I've played it a bit more and changed the controller settings to motion control for steering and its a different experience completely.  

Edited by dubbs

38 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The spelling error in the title is driving my very mild OCD nuts. 

I could have sworn that I copied and pasted that title from google because I wasn't sure how to spell Turisno.

No idea how I made a spelling mistake I'm normally so miticulous.  Apologies to your ODC.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've just jumped online for the first time. Did a couple of the daily races.

Great fun, but very difficult. The first lap or so is carnage.

And the penalties are very strict. I consider myself a pretty clean racer on racing games, but I've actually gone down a sportsmanship level. I've done nothing deliberate, it's just been accidental bumps or marginal corner cutting. But clearly you have to be very very careful.

Which is absolutely a good thing, but it'll take some getting used to.

The sportsmanship is both brilliant and infuriating.

The amount of times I've braked earlier than someone and they've hit me from behind, or someone has thrown their car up the inside of a turn from a ridiculous way back and shunted me yet my sportsmanship rating has gone down is very irritating. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thais game is so SO good. 

The online daily races are brilliant. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but so satisfying when you get it right. 

Sometimes very strategic too when they throw in pitstops. 

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thais game is so SO good. 

The online daily races are brilliant. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but so satisfying when you get it right. 

Sometimes very strategic too when they throw in pitstops. 

I might get this soon as I've just bought a wheel which works with the PS4. I've got to finish Forza Horizon 3 and F1 2017 first though.. 

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Someone change the damn title for **** sake

If only there was some sort of report button for such things 

/limpid

5 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I might get this soon as I've just bought a wheel which works with the PS4. I've got to finish Forza Horizon 3 and F1 2017 first though.. 

It’s really good. 

Although I haven’t played a proper racer for a while so I can’t say how it compares to F1 or Forza. 

Last racer I had was driveclub but this shits all over that. 

My biggest wish on this is that they'd put realistic damage into the game.

Even on the highest sportsmanship ratings (I'm "S" now) you still get people throwing the car down the inside from about 100 metres back and using you as a brake. They probably get a couple of seconds penalty but that's easily gotten rid of before the end of a race.

Realistic damage would mean they'd **** their car up doing that.

If memory serves some of the car manufacturers won't allow damage, or a lot of damage, to be inflicted to their cars, so as to alter their image. At least, that used to be the excuse.

29 minutes ago, hogso said:

If memory serves some of the car manufacturers won't allow damage, or a lot of damage, to be inflicted to their cars, so as to alter their image. At least, that used to be the excuse.

Interesting.

It's a real issue for me. The game gets immeasurably better as you increase your SR. Some of the races when you're a low SR are just full of people playing bumper cars. Nobody waiting for any moves.

But like I said even in the high SR races, a lot of people still think they can throw the car down the inside regardless of how far back they are. And often you get a penalty for them driving into you because the penalty system isn't clever enough to realise who was in the wrong.

It can be a game changing issue as it seems to increase when you get to the last lap and people are desperate to make up as many positions as possible.

The one time I've been in line to win a race (I'm yet to win one online!) it was ruined by a guy diving up my inside on the very last corner and punting me into the gravel. He won the race with no penalty and I came in 4th because of it.

So frustrating.

I would say though that generally the etiquette is pretty good. Better than any other racer I've played. But I feel like realistic damage would perfect it.

Â