Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

I managed race victory number 7 this evening, in the GR4 race at Lago Maggiore. If I am honest I don’t normally do very well on that track. Tonight I had a favourable draw in my 4th attempt at the race and started on Pole rather than 8-12th of the previous races this evening. I kept it clean and kept a good 3-4 second lead throughout.

I am still waiting to achieve a fastest lap though. I thought I had it tonight, but someone just pipped my best lap time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there is an update today which adds the Circuit de la Sarth which is the Le Mans 24 hour circuit for anyone who is a fan of the race. I can't say I know much about the track myself, but I might give this a go later if get time.

27 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Apparently there is an update today which adds the Circuit de la Sarth which is the Le Mans 24 hour circuit for anyone who is a fan of the race. I can't say I know much about the track myself, but I might give this a go later if get time.

I think it was yesterday actually. Track should be available now.

I'm on the verge of diving back into this. I might try some online lobbies for a while though and avoid sport mode.

Still dying to have some VT races... @villarule123 @StefanAVFC

Ive come to the conclusion you'll be very frustrated with the online aspects of this if you insist on keeping an A rating for the SR rank, and im just concentrating now on the DR rank. 

Wish the daily races were more fun though. 

The most recent update to the penalty system has totally ruined it imo.

It wasn't perfect before that, but it was pretty **** good.

Now it just punishes the slightest touch or error with huge penalties. It's ridiculous.

On 30/05/2018 at 11:38, Stevo985 said:

I think it was yesterday actually. Track should be available now.

I'm on the verge of diving back into this. I might try some online lobbies for a while though and avoid sport mode.

Still dying to have some VT races... @villarule123 @StefanAVFC

Ah Ok, I probably misread the post that I saw about it.

I fired up the PS4 last night and did the update and had a couple of races on the new track in the GR1 category starting towards the back of the grid. I had no previous knowledge of the track, but it was good fun with long straights, sharp bends and  a few chicanes. It was quite a long lap though, and took longer than three and a half minutes to get around. A lot of people overshot the sharp bends at the end of the straights, so I managed to make up quite a few places as they floundered around off track.

Count me in if you can convince the others to have a VT race.

19 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Ah Ok, I probably misread the post that I saw about it.

I fired up the PS4 last night and did the update and had a couple of races on the new track in the GR1 category starting towards the back of the grid. I had no previous knowledge of the track, but it was good fun with long straights, sharp bends and  a few chicanes. It was quite a long lap though, and took longer than three and a half minutes to get around. A lot of people overshot the sharp bends at the end of the straights, so I managed to make up quite a few places as they floundered around off track.

Count me in if you can convince the others to have a VT race.

I don't think Le Mans is a very good circuit to be honest. It's just iconic.

I've read that the track limits on those chicanes after the big straights are ridiculously strict.

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think Le Mans is a very good circuit to be honest. It's just iconic.

I've read that the track limits on those chicanes after the big straights are ridiculously strict.

Yeah you definitely have to be careful on those chicanes. There were white lines painted well inside the kerbs so I tried to keep within those as I wasn’t sure whether that was judged as the track limit. Getting the braking point correct was the toughest part, especially when someone has wiped out the cones. 

I did enjoy it though, something a bit different to the usual tracks and it had some high speed corners that were challenging at the beginning and end of lap. It worked for the GR1 car anyway, I don’t think it would be so good in the GR4 on those longer straights. I guess a modified track would come into play for lesser cars.

Jumped back in last night. Only had time for one race. Did the One Make race on Tokyo with that weird but fast Alpine car.

Managed a 4th place after starting 13th so was pretty good!

I love the tokyo track with the massive straight. Not sure why. I seem to pretty decent at the fast back section and the super long straight gives it a different dynamic than most tracks. Exchanging slipstreams going up there is quite fun!

• 1 month later...

This is going to be part of PS PLUS in 3 months lads. May as well wait it out. 

It was on Twitter, it's just waiting for some license issue to sort it out.  

Gonna be like fortnite apparently. As in, free to play with in game cosmetics stuff.

I haven’t been playing very regularly but gradually getting back into it. 

I think they’ve tweaked the SR system again to be a bit more forgiving. But there’s still the problem of it punishing you very harshly when you have one bad race. 

Anyway, I’ve manned up and made the jump to no (or very little) traction control and manual transmission. Hard to get used to but I’m getting there. 

Â