Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Also it's worth noting that I mostly talk about the daily races in Sport mode, which is the competitive part of the game.

There are loads of online lobbies that don't balance the cars like the Daily Races do so they would be a lot more action packed if that's what people are after.

Think of it like Sport Mode is the equivalent of Ranked games in Rocket League. You're matched on ability and sportsmanship so naturally races are a bit more lifeless because everyone is evenly matched.

The online lobbies are more like the Unranked games on Rocket League. Where anything goes so things are a lot more varied.

Maggiore is a really funny track.

It's beautiful to race. That big banked corner is amazing.

But even though I love racing it, I cannot get anywhere close to competitive. I do a lap that I think is solid and it's miles off the pace. Weird.

Used the Audi TT for the first time last night. Seems like a purely qualifying car. Start of the race it was stuck to the track, pretty quick. As soon as the tyres start going off it's a nightmare. The understeer is horrific.

Has anyone had a race where there is one car that seems to be jumping around all over the place like it is glitching? I was racing around Monza without the first chicane last night and this car was off roading along the main straight, and then suddenly appeared in front of me, which put me out of position on the first fast bend and caused me to off road myself.

I had another go at the Monza race straight afterwards starting in 8th place on the grid and all was fine this time, and managed a 5th place after finishing 6th. That was because some guy had racked up 1m 39s of penalties in a 5 lap race. They had started behind me, and nudged me off the track as they passed so I did find it hilarious that they ended back in about 16th place. :D

Just now, NeilS said:

Has anyone had a race where there is one car that seems to be jumping around all over the place like it is glitching? I was racing around Monza without the first chicane last night and this car was off roading along the main straight, and then suddenly appeared in front of me, which put me out of position on the first fast bend and caused me to off road myself.

I had another go at the Monza race straight afterwards starting in 8th place on the grid and all was fine this time, and managed a 5th place after finishing 6th. That was because some guy had racked up 1m 39s of penalties in a 5 lap race. They had started behind me, and nudged me off the track as they passed so I did find it hilarious that they ended back in about 16th place. :D

Yeah it's just lag. Happens every now and then.

It's really annoying though, you don't know how to pass them because they could appear anywhere.

(Not a GTS problem by the way. I've seen it on GTA before and I've seen videos of people playing Forza and you get it on there too. So I think it's a common lag problem)

Didn't get to play last night. Gutted as would have liked that Monza race.

5 minutes ago, IainG said:

Heh, that's my livery. Figured I'd make my first post since about 1962 to say hello.

Brilliant! I had a funny feeling it might be a VTer (although my money was on @Dick as he's a creative type)

Welcome (back)

Daily race One Make today - argh :bang: I just don't get how I can be in a race with a guy who is 4 seconds a lap quicker than me when the laps take about 50 seconds each to complete. 

10 hours ago, dubbs said:

Daily race One Make today - argh :bang: I just don't get how I can be in a race with a guy who is 4 seconds a lap quicker than me when the laps take about 50 seconds each to complete. 

I think two things make quite a difference. 

Lack of traction control and manual transmission. 

I think using manual And using no traction control makes a difference. 

I don’t do either, but I am gradually weaning myself off traction control. 

The transmission especially can make a big difference I think. It enables you to brake a lot later.

I've been trying to use manual transmission but it just doesn't feel right on a controller although maybe it's because im using motion control for steering.  

One tip I've found is to use the circuit experience to gain knowledge of brake points etc.  Then take what I've learnt into the daily races. 

I managed a couple of 2nd places and one 3rd place finish in the GR4 races at Brands Hatch today. I did also achieve my first pole position in the same race, but was so worried about being hit from behind at the first corner I messed it up and ran off the track :angry:dropping to 6th, battled back to 2nd in that race but a bit gutted. I need to cut out the errors if I am going to win.

12 hours ago, dubbs said:

Does anyone know if driving without driver aids and with manual transmission improve your Driver Rating? Mine's been D for ages!

No I don’t believe so. Think it’s just your finishing position. 

Devastated. Just done daily race 3. Proper GR4 race, not a one make or anything. 9 Laps around monza. 

Got to first by lap 2 and led until half way round the final lap. Made a slight mistake and got overtaken. Still nearly got it back on the line but didn’t quite have enough. Gutted. 

Was a great race though. Even though I did very little overtaking, the time difference between me and 2nd place was a race in itself. It would get down to half a second then I'd pull out to 2 seconds, then he'd reel me back in etc. Was fun. Just annoying I couldn't hold on in the end. Bottled it!

Edited by Stevo985

On 2/25/2018 at 07:50, Fowlersrs said:

Great game, I do wonder though if u need to be racing with manual transmission and no traction control as I can't see how else ud make up the time.

I think when you get to the stage where you're challenging for the front of the grid at a high DR (B and above) then it will make a difference.

I think at the lower ranks it shouldn't matter too much.

I still use auto and TC. I do turn the TC down but I haven't adjusted to be able to have it totally off yet. I'm usually TC 1 or 2 on GR4 cars and TC 2 or 3 on GR3 cars, depending on the car.

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Devastated. Just done daily race 3. Proper GR4 race, not a one make or anything. 9 Laps around monza. 

Got to first by lap 2 and led until half way round the final lap. Made a slight mistake and got overtaken. Still nearly got it back on the line but didn’t quite have enough. Gutted. 

Was a great race though. Even though I did very little overtaking, the time difference between me and 2nd place was a race in itself. It would get down to half a second then I'd pull out to 2 seconds, then he'd reel me back in etc. Was fun. Just annoying I couldn't hold on in the end. Bottled it!

Highlight of this race, however, was a guy racing in a massively garish Union Jack livery, with "BREXIT" written in huge letters on the back.

He was driving a Megane.

:D 

• Like 1

Â