Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Can’t wait to try the online stuff once I’ve gotten more used to the game.

I’m just going through the Campaign at the moment but I think I’ll give online a try soon, especially now I’ve watched the compulsory training videos to ensure I’ll be a good boy.

• Like 1

Just gonna leave this here

primarily for Stefan’s filth on the first lap and subsequent karma. He tried to protest innocence until he knew I was saving the video ?

but it was actually a very good race too. Marcus and me with one of the closest finishes you’ll see. 

Those minis are brilliant fun. I'd be well up for doing that again. Stefan might have an aneurysm but it'll be worth it.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

It looks like you and Marcus let them overtake you early on. That a tactic of yours? Didn’t want to get taken out on the first corner or something like that?

Nah we wanted to start from the back because we're quicker than Jono and Stefan. But we forgot to shuffle the grid so decided to just let them all past after the start.

That IS a decent tactic on some tracks though. Probably not with a grid that small, and probably not from pole. But somewhere like Monza where the first corner is always carnage, sitting back and letting it happen in front of you can be profitable.

I really enjoyed the first half of that video. 

Stefan being Stefan but primarily me leading the race ?

I drove well for the majority of that race to be fair, I got pipped for a podium finish on the last corner!

• Like 1

I’m really going to have to try and play nice online. I’ve gotten a lot better the last week or so, not bumping into the ai so much but so far I haven’t played any modes that punish you for it.

Be warned! You'll get battered by numpty drivers at the first corner of most tracks. Just because the training vid says play nice, most newbies disregard this!

Stay back and let the carnage play out in front of you. Get your SR rating up and play with better racers.

Daily races worked for me today :)

6th having started 11th and then 3rd having started 8th.

The race I came 3rd, the top 4 of us were a good 40 seconds ahead of the rest. Hopefully I won't be D much longer.

also here's that crash from our lobbies earlier (also my fightback from 6th to 3rd :D )

Whose fault?

You’ll always be a D in my eyes, Stef ?

Did my first couple of online races yesterday afternoon. In my first one I came 5th starting from right at the back in 15th, then my second one I started 9th and wound up 7th, though I was 4th until I went off on a corner halfway through and then 1-6th were so far ahead they were impossible to catch.

Nice to know those instructional videos really work. Had some German guy try to ram me off the road on the second corner of my first race. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Had some German guy try to ram me off the road on the second corner of my first race. 

Believe me, you need to get used to this :D

A lot of races will be totally ruined by other people. It's a sad fact of GT Sport. 

But the cleaner you race the more you'll be rewarded. Once you get to an SR of A or S you should be ok.

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Daily races worked for me today :)

6th having started 11th and then 3rd having started 8th.

The race I came 3rd, the top 4 of us were a good 40 seconds ahead of the rest. Hopefully I won't be D much longer.

also here's that crash from our lobbies earlier (also my fightback from 6th to 3rd :D )

Whose fault?

It's the guy in front's fault. He's going way way too slow through that chicane. He probably messed up the entry and had to brake hard to make the corner. But either way you had no chance to avoid him.

Good racing on the hairpin before that though. Jono could easily have cut you up there and caused a crash. Left you a car's width. Lovely etiquette :) 

The fastest laps aided by "boost" were hilarious yesterday!

Edited by Stevo985

Got my third victory yesterday. My ratio is about 1 win per 100 races at the moment :D 

Didn't bother uploading a video. Started 5th, got the lead after the first corner (overtook two, then the two guys left ahead of me crashed and got penalties and slowed down as a result) and led comfortably from there.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2018 at 08:15, Stevo985 said:

Daily Race C is a real toughy this week. Red Bull Ring in Gr2 cars.

It's an SR nightmare.

Some really tricky corners on that track. I've not got the hang of it at all yet.   Struggle to learn new tracks on a manual transmission but forcing myself to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Some really tricky corners on that track. I've not got the hang of it at all yet.   Struggle to learn new tracks on a manual transmission but forcing myself to do it.

I'm alright on the track now. Marcus and I did it a fair few times the one night so I know it pretty well.

But those first two hairpins are just so tight and the track is so narrow that even if you're being careful it's really really hard to avoid contact.

Best way to attack that race seems to be to fuel save. If you have the Lexus GR2 car it's better on fuel than the others. So stick it into fuel mix 2 and short shift (if you're manual) and you'll make up 4 or 5 seconds in the pits. Means you can be patient behind other cars and jump them in the pits instead.

Â