Villa fans harassing two people on a train

magnkarl

Gotta say kudos to the fella for riding it out probably the best thing he could've done. I on the other would've opened my big mouth and got the crap kicked out of me. Hopefully that's the last time him or his girlfriend have to go through anything like that. 

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Fair enough. 

I always feel slightly ashamed when I see Villa fans being tossers. Whereas, when it's, say, Blues fans, I like it because it sums them up nicely.

Each to their own. 

We are humans first . Being a football fan should be quite far down the list .

This type of thing will probably happen every day up and down the rail network . Am I only supposed to be disgusted when there are Villa fans involved ? 

Every football club has its tossers.  These are some of ours.  That's why it's in the Villa forum.  That's all.  No-one was suggesting it's exclusive to us or that we've a particular problem with it.

• Like 2

Just now, Brumerican said:

We are humans first . Being a football fan should be quite far down the list .

This type of thing will probably happen every day up and down the rail network . Am I only supposed to be disgusted when there are Villa fans involved ? 

Nope.

As I said, the story is the same. Still upsetting. I just feel some shame when it's Villa fans.

Whether rightly or wrongly, I associate myself with all things Villa - however slight that may be. 

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

Every football club has its tossers.  These are some of ours.  That's why it's in the Villa forum.  That's all.  No-one was suggesting it's exclusive to us or that we've a particular problem with it.

It's going to be a crappy forum if we start a new thread every time a Villa fan does something stupid. 

Just now, Brumerican said:

It's going to be a crappy forum if we start a new thread every time a Villa fan does something stupid. 

We'll cross that bridge.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

My finger went through the bog paper and up my shitter yesterday, does that count? ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I feel a bit of collective shame - yes.

I don't get why this has turned into a "the Daily Mail is shit" thread. We know it is. It doesn't need pointing out. Irrespective of outlet, that's some Villa fans being absolute tossers.

The issue isn't the Daily Mail being a rag. 

I don't get this feeling of collective shame at all. There was 40,000 Villa fans at the game on Sunday. Surely you appreciate that a significant proportion of those people are dickheads. 

Doesn't one in four people in the UK have a criminal record? So presumably 10,000 of those fans will have had some dealing with the police before. Might be driving offences sure, but could be rape or murder, we don't know.

If those lads in the video weren't being dickheads on a train on the way to the football, they would be being dickheads (either individually or collectively) somewhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, mockingbird_franklin said:

feel free to start your own thread to discuss your sexual deviancy

Well it was an accident, but...

I'll leave that to RugelyVilla

• Like 3

The only reason why I started this thread was to see if we could stamp out this sort of thing. The people who it got aimed at were intimidated and uncomfortable for it. As a fanbase we are known to deal with people being idiots quite well, instead it turned into a "omg it's daily mail!!11" kind of thing. If people could take the sentiment of the post and apply it to their circles instead of just accepting this sort of idiotic behaviour we'd come a long way. If anyone knows any of these people I'll gladly take this to them instead, because I've had enough of people acting like £$%£$ just because "everyone else does it". That argument doesn't justify anything. If my wife got treated like that on a train I'd be up against these men in 2 seconds flat, so fair play to this brave young lad.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I don't get this feeling of collective shame at all. There was 40,000 Villa fans at the game on Sunday. Surely you appreciate that a significant proportion of those people are dickheads. 

Doesn't one in four people in the UK have a criminal record? So presumably 10,000 of those fans will have had some dealing with the police before. Might be driving offences sure, but could be rape or murder, we don't know.

If those lads in the video weren't being dickheads on a train on the way to the football, they would be being dickheads (either individually or collectively) somewhere else.

I don't really understand your point.

Yes, if these people weren't being dickheads on that particular train, they'd be being dickheads elsewhere.  Yes, we have dickheads in the fanbase.  I still feel some sense of shame that they exist in our fanbase.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't really understand your point.

Yes, if these people weren't being dickheads on that particular train, they'd be being dickheads elsewhere.  Yes, we have dickheads in the fanbase.  I still feel some sense of shame that they exist in our fanbase.

My point is that a Villa fan isn’t a specific type of character or person. If you feel shame when one or a few of the hundreds of thousands do something untoward then that’s fine, I’m just saying that I don’t. I also think that we’ll continue to see more and more of these “incidents” with the continued rise of social media.

I’ll just add, that I’ve seen four or five videos of Man City and Arsenal fans kicking the hell out of each other outside Wembley on Sunday. Not condoning the prats on the train, but come on, mountain out of a mole hill.  

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Some football fans are tossers, regardless of team affiliation.

Most football fans are nice, normal people, regardless of team affiliation.

Hartlepool excepted, of course. :)

If they wore a Blue & White scarf I am sure they would be labelled as scum by pretty much everyone on here......................................are we saying because they are fellows fans its just banter...really!

Scum

• Like 1

Â