Villa fans harassing two people on a train

magnkarl

Just now, Brumerican said:

I have no qualms about confronting jerks in public , even it looks like I could get a pasting for my trouble . I have never stood by and watched anyone being bullied, EVER. 

The thing is , I'm like that all year round .   Not just when Villa fans are involved. 

tbf, I'm not sure anyone here as said that this conduct is bad only because Villa fans were involved.   But it is a forum board about Villa, so discussing villa fans does seem to be on topic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I have no qualms about confronting jerks in public , even it looks like I could get a pasting for my trouble . I have never stood by and watched anyone being bullied, EVER.   

The thing is , I'm like that all year round .   Not just when Villa fans are involved. 

Is someone on here saying this just because it was related to Villa? Stop trying to make something out of this that it isn't. You are arguing on a board about something silly in your own words and retracting your statements by making counter statements about standing up for people. Sorry that the thread has offended you, it must be all those Daily Mail readers again causing insult. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Is someone on here saying this just because it was related to Villa? Stop trying to make something out of this that it isn't. You are arguing on a board about something silly in your own words and retracting your statements by making counter statements about standing up for people. Sorry that the thread has offended you, it must be all those Daily Mail readers again causing insult. 

Erm this thread wouldn't exist if it wasn't Villa related, or it would at least be in Off Topic considering how often things like this happen . I'm surprised you waited until now?

I'm not offended . Being offended is for the mentally weak . 

58 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Erm this thread wouldn't exist if it wasn't Villa related, or it would at least be in Off Topic considering how often things like this happen . I'm surprised you waited until now?

I'm not offended . Being offended is for the mentally weak . 

Are you Donald Trump?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

No more than I care about what any other human does. 

Wow, your lack of empathy is staggering. It's a good job only a small minority of people think that way otherwise life as a human being would be one hell of a shit time. 

You have to feel sorry for they guy and critical of the mob, otherwise we become nothing more than hyenas. 

Where it was reported and if it is a newsworthy story is irrelevant. 

If people don't have respect for others that is bad enough but not to expect anyone to have any respect for anyone else sounds like hell on earth for me and is a big problem with people today. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Gotta say kudos to the fella for riding it out probably the best thing he could've done. I on the other would've opened my big mouth and got the crap kicked out of me. Hopefully that's the last time him or his girlfriend have to go through anything like that. 

This is the crux though isn't it. 

Take the shit sandwich son or else it's going to end badly for you.  In fact I would not be surprised if they were hoping for some kind of reaction so they could do him over, it would give the saddos their kicks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Yeh, I've got a sneaky feeling that wouldn't just be for me. Your interventions on this thread are a bit of a pain and that will be true for everyone I suspect.

@Vox Populi

Which parts are painful and why ?

Do you like threads that portray the club in  a negative light , regardless of the fact that the club is at zero fault here ?

Do you think peoples emotions should be so easily manipulated by the Daily Mail ?

There is is actually an interesting discussion about social responsibility buried in this subject somewhere, and I'll put my hands up and say I've probably muddied the waters , but I find it bonkers that people only give a shit about this because Aston Villa is in the article. 

If you google Villa Fan Crimes you'll get a plethora of info about shitty things our fans have done over the years and yet I struggle to recall many threads on here about them ? So my point is why now ? What makes this so different ?    I'd never dream of telling people what they should or shouldn't  talk about but I am sure as hell am going to question the motive behind it . It may not be what people want to hear and it's probably not the reaction that the thread is intended to provoke, but it's the only part of this inane story that even remotely interests me .

Could I have just left the thread alone ? Sure. Could I have been a bit more tactful ? Absolutely , but I still believe my thoughts are valid regardless of the sauce they came  served up in . 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow, your lack of empathy is staggering. It's a good job only a small minority of people think that way otherwise life as a human being would be one hell of a shit time. 

You have to feel sorry for they guy and critical of the mob, otherwise we become nothing more than hyenas. 

Where it was reported and if it is a newsworthy story is irrelevant. 

If people don't have respect for others that is bad enough but not to expect anyone to have any respect for anyone else sounds like hell on earth for me and is a big problem with people today. 

I have more empathy than is good for me . The point I was making is that I see people as humans first and football fans somewhere down the list .

I care about what other humans do a great deal . Sorry that wasn't clear to you .

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think there's a few people who are completely missing what @Brumerican is actually trying to say...

I actually feel like I'd have got less hassle if I walked up and down a train carriage plonking toothbrushes on peoples heads, whilst being a belligerent prat . 

If i were sat at a keyboard I'd have written a little more articulately  , but half this thread was typed whilst on the shitter using one thumb . 

9 hours ago, Brumerican said:

People who read the Daily Mail are bigger idiots. 

Don't be silly. Not everyone who reads the Mail are clearings in the woods.  Regarding this video I can see how it would make them feel uncomfortable but let's not hype it up to be a bunch of yobs being violent. It's very cringeworthy I will admit.

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't be silly. Not everyone who reads the Mail are clearings in the woods.  

It's not my opinion.  It's a scientific fact . 

If I were on a train and saw a Villa fan punching a baby in the face and another Villa fan sat in the corner  reading The Mail . I'd be more ashamed about the Mail reader.  

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's not my opinion.  It's a scientific fact . 

If I were on a train and saw a Villa fan punching a baby in the face and another Villa fan sat in the corner  reading The Mail . I'd be more ashamed about the Mail reader.  

True, the Mail reader would probably have already eaten at least two babies.

• Like 3

It's obviously very poor behaviour, however it's hardly the crime of the century and I'm personally struggling to give a flying ****. 'Collective shame' is a total nonsense, football attracts idiots and thugs, they are at every single club in the country, I'm not about to feel one iota of shame about morons like this. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm personally struggling to give a flying ****. 

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

Scum, quite simply! Puts me off going to the football! 

It doesn't take a lot for the media to knock our club, we don't need idiots behaving like this. It is a good thing imho that we're highlighting that as genuine fans we don't find it acceptable.

Although I do wish we were talking about something more positive at this stage of the season. Maybe next year we will be...

Â