Pre-match Thread

theboyangel

taking into consideration that its been a long season and were out of the running for promotion, I think we should rest some of our first teamers and play the reserves...

I of course say this tongue in cheek, plus small heath have Huddersfield to which we could help with the positioning at the bottom of the league.

Yeah I think it's time to bed some of the youngsters plus I've always thought having a goal keeper was overly cautious and thus we can test it out in this game.  When I was a kid we used to play rush goalkeeper and that means we need one less person in defence to allow us to understand our potential attacking ability.  Not suggesting we go all out attack but I wouldnt mind if the goalkeeper played more of and advanced role.

I think we should also practice our passing and not shoot unless we are 100% sure we are going to score.  Let's practice our around the box play to see how many touches we can make before scoring.  This shoot at first sight policy should be laid to bed for this game and see if we can create a world record of passes before scoring.

• Like 4

Is it just me who would prefer Blues to stay up for another season? The derby is something to look forward to in a long slog of a season and atmospheres like we had on Sunday don't happen often enough at Villa Park these days.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see them get relegated, but those games are something special.

• Like 3

yes, yes it is just you, lol, I dread the derby games, because you know If small heath win, all their maggot fans come out of the wood work and you don't near the end of it, we are their cup final, Id be happy not to see a derby game ever again.

Edited by AndyBM
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Is it just me who would prefer Blues to stay up for another season? The derby is something to look forward to in a long slog of a season and atmospheres like we had on Sunday don't happen often enough at Villa Park these days.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see them get relegated, but those games are something special.

Yep I hate the derby recently as there is very little upside for us.  We win, well we were supposed to win.  We lose and then every maggot comes out of the woodwork to glorify them.  Even when we win, they whinge about possession or they were better in the game, we were lucky blah blah blah..........send them into oblivion i say 

Funny thing is, I never look for their results or read their press and only get my Blose friends making their usual comments on Facebook about whether they've won or we've lost.  I used to when I was younger but these days I just dont care about them until we have to play them but I would prefer them to get relegated just so I hear even less of them.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You and er.... erm..... someone else I'm sure....

• Like 3

I'd like to make an appeal to sky!

On Saturday there is a meeting of Giants....both champions of this fine country...both represented this country against foreign hordes.....and both united in their interests to vanquish another evil from this league.

I would ask...nay demand ...that this game be shown live on your channel for all to witness!

viva la sky!

On 2017-4-27 at 18:10, wilko154 said:

Just you yes. Blues in non-league would be fine with me. Noses are noses. I'd prefer a floodlit game with Inter again thanks.

• Like 1

I genuinely think there is a case for Bruce to experiment that is not nose related too. We should be looking to find out if our kids have got something or not, we only have from now until the end of the season to have a look. League position for me now is irrelevant, Bruce should have one ee on the summer already and finding out if we have some youth products to provide backup or fill some holes before we start splashing the cash could be very useful indeed.

• Like 1