• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Agbonlahor (Grealish 59)
    • Gardner (Adomah 76)
    • Hourinhane (Hogan 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I have heard some loud atmospheres before but the noise from the lower north before we came out was incredible today. Fans were fantastic throughout barvthe 10 minutes rest after half time!

53 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think he kicked out at his legs as he ran past to celebrate, although you are also right that his arms were swinging as well.

Looks to me like he raises a hand to apologise. I don't think it was intentional.

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Graceless word removed Mr Candleface has had a word with the media:

'“They’ve not had a shot in the second half – apart from the goal. It’s the only one they’ve had,” said Redknapp.

“You can’t say Villa were good. If that’s the best they can do, Steve’s clearly got a lot of work to do.'

http://www.football365.com/news/redknapp-reacts-to-villa-loss-in-first-match-as-brum-boss

**** off you pleb, we won. 

Luckily that's not the best we can do, but didn't have to be at our best to beat the Scum. A wins a win. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 3

Poor game today, but I guess derby games are as teams tend to be a bit cagey, not wanting to lose. But the noses were just as shit as us so.... Thought gabby really changed the game today when he came on. Chester and Baker were excellent for me.

41 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Looks to me like he raises a hand to apologise. I don't think it was intentional.

It is hard to tell watching on my phone, he is just disappearing out of shot as his hand comes up. He could be apologising or he could be telling Chester to F off for all I know. 

In the end we won, no damage was done so I don't care that much to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

'“They’ve not had a shot in the second half – apart from the goal. It’s the only one they’ve had,” said Redknapp.

“You can’t say Villa were good. If that’s the best they can do, Steve’s clearly got a lot of work to do.'

http://www.football365.com/news/redknapp-reacts-to-villa-loss-in-first-match-as-brum-boss

He is not wrong :)

1 minute ago, Villaninireland said:

How many points did they get today. On none. He can go feck himself bsckwards

Not only that they are 2 points off the relegation zone with the team below them playing us next week. That juicy relegation avoidance bonus isn't looking so certain anymore, what a shame.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

It was a derby against the blosers. I've seen more dire matches in that series than I've had hot dinners. You don't normally get El Clasico.

We're a poor championship side, they're a worse championship side, we've both come off the back of poor results, so I didn't expect scintillating ball control and goals flying in from every angle, but I thought we'd see a bit more fire - from both teams, actually.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is not wrong :)

he might not be, but he is bitter and twisted and suffering with oms...pmsl :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Jolly good fun Gabby scoring and all that.

However yet again Bruce gives fuel to his critics and makes it hard to support him with incredibly negative tactics.

Ive got a couple of guys near me reckon Hogan is useless- but we haven't played one single ball of the type his runs deserve, we have nobody within 25 meters of him.

Lansbury clearly under instructions to be far more defensive than when at Forest. 

Adomah clearly told never to get too far ahead of Hutton.

We should stick with Bruce, he's done enough and given us a very good defence ( those criticising it after we conceded three with ten men at Gulham ? Nah) but having watched all but I think four games since he came he is Way Way too cautious.

Kindest view is that he never really thought play offs were realistic and simply wants the defensive side sorted.

Wont be enough next year he will need to prepared to allow at least three players some licence - of the sort Blues, like many others. showed.

Edited by terrytini

Â