Champions League Last 4

Villaphan04

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

all this Allegri to Arsenal rumours. except the money why would he leave Juventus, surely they pay him decent enough salary

If he wins the CL has he got anything left to do there? They'll piss the league for another 2/3 years before the Chinese money shows in Milan 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Monaco for all the attacking talent they have shown this season just havent faced a defence like Juventus

the last actual defence in European football

They seem almost naive.  Juve defended well enough, but nothing amazing - Monaco had a hatful of chances here but just could not finish.  Juve had fewer chances, but were clinical.

Guest av1

So Its a Juve v Real final. Or to put it another way, Ronaldo v Chiellini, Bonucci and Buffon. 

I'm tempted to go with Juve. That defence is a joy to watch. 

Juve are the real deal. Keep Ronaldo quiet in the final and can see them turning over Madrid.

BTW I know he's young but to me Bakayoko looks mediocre. Poor passing and constantly gave the ball away such as for the 2nd goal. Getting linked with 40m moves to Man. United and Chelsea lately. He reminds me of Sissoko who used to play for Liverpool.

The difference for Juve would be that with Isco, Modric and Kroos in midfield there would be some players would could pick a pass through the middle of the Juventus defence and get them turned. Monanco were reliant on attacking play down the wings last night and that suited Juve's tactics.

Barça had players who could pick a pass, and they couldn't score in 180 minutes of football where the return leg was in their own backyard already 3-0 down.  This Juve defence is scary.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Barça had players who could pick a pass, and they couldn't score in 180 minutes of football where the return leg was in their own backyard already 3-0 down.  This Juve defence is scary.

Very true - but mainly through Barcelona's own profligacy.  Apparently they had 35 shots against Juve over 2 legs but only 5(!) on target.  That's crazy for an attack of Messi, Neymar and Suarez.  Similarly, Monaco probably had the better chances of the game last night but didn't take them.

Juventus are, of course, very good defensively and are very quick when counter-attacking.  I hope they win the tournament for Buffon.

Â