Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

What a bloody fantastic player, didnt know the man, but when you look at the tributes, seems he was a better man than a player, and thats a rarity these days in football. RIP Big man, HEITS.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

This was his last tweet, from a few weeks ago.

Be nice if everyone on VT could "do something kind" this weekend, in his memory.

Or hold up £10 notes in the 10th minute . What a ledge

Heartbreaking, one of my favourites growing up.

I remember as a kid being dragged to some ballet performance thing that my little sister was in. Spotted Ugo at the intermission (turned out a relative of his was in one of the other classes I think) and got to meet him and get an autograph. Still got it somewhere and still makes me smile that I've got a ballet ticket with Ugo Ehiogu's signature on the back

:) -_-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

This was his last tweet, from a few weeks ago.

Be nice if everyone on VT could "do something kind" this weekend, in his memory.

Did my bit today. I always try and do one nice thing a day for somebody else. I went the extra mile today. RIP Ugo.

• Like 2

Quality player and quality human being RIP :( three legends taken from us in the space of a year.

Just seen Merse reaction :(

With his shaky sobriety in the past i hope this sad news doesn't cause him to fall off the wagon.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or hold up £10 notes in the 10th minute . What a ledge

Na, I think that would be crass. 

I think the best tribute to the man would be to give him a huge round of applause, chant his name throughout the match and help guide the team to 3 points in his honour. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hogso said:

Southgate made any statement/given an interview yet? He is the player I would associate closest with Ugo, in playing terms. His memories of Ugo would be worth listening to.

Would be much appreciated if someone could find a bigger/better quality version of this - one of my favourite Villa photos, taken, of course, when the penalty shoot out versus Bolton at Wembley was won in the FA Cup semi final, 2000.

aston-villa-celebrate-beating-bolton-in-

I have found this Hogso, not sure if it has been posted yet, or if you have already seen it?

Southgate on Ugo

England manager Gareth Southgate has paid tribute to Ugo Ehiogu and spoken of the "true partnership" he shared with his former Aston Villa and Middlesbrough team-mate.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Really saddened by this, he was in the Villa side that I first fell in love with. Great player, real professional, good guy. R.I.P, Ugo.

Same for me. RIP. 

6 hours ago, hogso said:

Southgate made any statement/given an interview yet? He is the player I would associate closest with Ugo, in playing terms. His memories of Ugo would be worth listening to.

Would be much appreciated if someone could find a bigger/better quality version of this - one of my favourite Villa photos, taken, of course, when the penalty shoot out versus Bolton at Wembley was won in the FA Cup semi final, 2000.

aston-villa-celebrate-beating-bolton-in-

Same scene but different angle

XJIGZve.jpg

• Like 4

Lucky enough to grow up with him, God and Southgate forming a defence (with Barry joining later on).

Absolutely gutted. Heart goes out to his family. Such a young age. 

Football community will pull together in this on Sunday and give him a good send off.

UGO UGO UGO

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

Â