Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

What great memories I have growing up with the team he was a part of. My best friend at that time supported Man Utd and he used to say that he hated our defence because it was so good. He will forever be in the Villa-team I remember the most. Very sad news, RIP Ugo - Villa Legend

• Like 1

Such sad news he has gone way too soon. Ugo was a man mountain who worked very hard at his game to become a rock at the back for us. Big Ron pinched him from WBA and he went on to make 237 appearances for us before moving to Boro. I think how badly we took to him leaving back then showed how important a player he had become for us. 

RIP Ugo. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time - HEITS.    

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when Ugo developed that pass with the outside of his foot to the full back. He'd bend it round the oncoming player.

He'd never done it before then suddenly did it about five times in one game. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Rest in Peace Ugo.

What an excellent player, growing up I didn't understand the value of the centre back you don't really notice very much. I was a kid, so I was looking at Yorke or Saunders, or Taylor...

But what I'd give for a CB like Ugo now. I didn't notice him because I just knew he'd do his job, every time. No drama.

Such a tragedy. My condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 2

Southgate made any statement/given an interview yet? He is the player I would associate closest with Ugo, in playing terms. His memories of Ugo would be worth listening to.

Would be much appreciated if someone could find a bigger/better quality version of this - one of my favourite Villa photos, taken, of course, when the penalty shoot out versus Bolton at Wembley was won in the FA Cup semi final, 2000.

aston-villa-celebrate-beating-bolton-in-

• Like 4

Absolutely devastating news...so young too...

Ugo was a fantastic player for us. What a CB partnership Ehiogu & Southgate were... gave us some wonderful times and memories, our defence was absolutely rock solid back then.

Always came across as a genuinely nice, warm & humble guy...so sad

RIP Ugo

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ did not expect to wake up to him having passed away.

Why are these heart problems happening to so many current and former players?

Smh. Extremely saddening!

As a matter of fact, a friend of mine has an 11 year old brother who was playing and simply collapsed and died a coupe weeks ago too.

WTF is going on?

RIP Boss man!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The Paul Merson interview. Not the best thing to watch when at work :(

sat here with tears in my eyes. 

Just watched it and had exactly the same reaction as you.

• Like 1

Â