Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When I played football back in the day, ehiogu was my favourite defender and sometimes when  I used to go in for a tackle I'd shout 'EHIOGU'. I used to do the same when playing rugby and I'd shout this certain players name out when going in for a tackle. Man mountain and the chants from the holte of, Ugo Ugo Ugo..

Similar thing here RV but I used to shout "Uuuugooooo". What a fantastic player he was. I'm a year older and can't believe that a fit and healthy man could pass so quickly and so young.

Sometimes, you wonder if these professional athletes over-exert themselves and put their bodies through too much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Similar thing here RV but I used to shout "Uuuugooooo". What a fantastic player he was. I'm a year older and can't believe that a fit and healthy man could pass so quickly and so young.

Sometimes, you wonder if these professional athletes over-exert themselves and put their bodies through too much. 

It's not uncommon for super fit and healthy people to drop dead from heart attacks. I myself wonder if there is such a thing as too fit and too much pressure put on the heart.  Uuuuuuugooooooo:thumb:

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not uncommon for super fit and healthy people to drop dead from heart attacks.

It is uncommon - very much so, but you're right it does happen - it's just that often these people are well known, so it seems, perhaps more likely that it really is. Anyway, it's just horrible that it happens at all.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

It is uncommon - very much so, but you're right it does happen - it's just that often these people are well known, so it seems, perhaps more likely that it really is. Anyway, it's just horrible that it happens at all.

I suppose uncommon was the wrong word. Didn't the ex Newcastle keeper suffer the same fate? 

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not uncommon for super fit and healthy people to drop dead from heart attacks. I myself wonder if there is such a thing as too fit and too much pressure put on the heart.  Uuuuuuugooooooo:thumb:

When I was in senior school, we had a kid their who was a long distance runner. He took part in the school's annual period 10km run and he lead by miles all the way, before dying of heart attack at the end. Nobody could believe it because he was so fit. 

Going back to Ugo, when you think of all those young talented players coming through at Spurs, is it possible that we've lost a potential first black England manager? I think so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

When I was in senior school, we had a kid their who was a long distance runner. He took part in the school's annual period 10km run and he lead by miles all the way, before dying of heart attack at the end. Nobody could believe it because he was so fit. 

Going back to Ugo, when you think of all those young talented players coming through at Spurs, is it possible that we've lost a potential first black England manager? I think so. 

By all accounts he was doing a very good job at Spurs. You don't work at a club like Spurs if you are not much cop.

• Like 1

Im not sure why this has affected me so but it has. 3rd straight day without a ciggie, I'll be honest I'm a bit shaken. 

Maybe because he was one of my first Villa idols, or because he was an elite sportsman. Or maybe its because he was clearly a really nice guy. 

It just shows this world does you no favours, you gotta make your own luck and make the most of life before your luck runs out. 

• Like 1

Â