Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Cracking player for us (other than his first game v Norwich) and really nice bloke. He was an unbelievable fit guy as well.

Speedy recovery big fella

I remember that Norwich game- he was so nervous and unfortunately copped a bit of flack from the holte- soon turned it around mind- get well soon Ugo we're all behind you big fella 

An ex boss of mine, who was an utter bell end, once told me a story about Ugo. This ex boss was a Baggies fan and hated Villa so you can imagine my great amusement when he told me that his missus left him for Ugo :crylaugh:

Anyway, get well soon big man. You were a great defender for us, one of the best I've seen wear our shirt. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery! 

• Like 1

Get well soon Ugo! One of my favourite players of that era (and there were a few to choose from!) 

All you VT'rs in your 40's (of which I am one!) look after yourselves. If It can happen to a fit and healthy ex footballer it can happen to anyone. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Get well soon Ugo! One of my favourite players of that era (and there were a few to choose from!) 

All you VT'rs in your 40's (of which I am one!) look after yourselves. If It can happen to a fit and healthy ex footballer it can happen to anyone. 

I'm 38 and still fighting the battle of giving up ciggies. Needless to say I randomly stopped smoking yesterday. Hopefully this time I make it. 

Does anyone know how he is. Hope the big U is recovering. 

Rest In Peace (overlooking Villa Park) - you 'big Jurassic...' as Dwight Yorke once called him on a Villa video. Was gutted when he took the 'more ambitious club' route up to Mmmmmmmmiddlesbrough with the others. But happy days of watching him playing for us and earn that League Cup medal.

My earliest memory of him, was watching him play for Albion in a Birmingham Senior Cup final at The Hawthorns against the mighty Nuneaton Borough (now Nuneaton Town after Football Association malfeasance enforced a name change).

Thumbs up to you Ugo. You will be missed here.

Edited by Raver50032
Edited in light of the news

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm 38 and still fighting the battle of giving up ciggies. Needless to say I randomly stopped smoking yesterday. Hopefully this time I make it. 

Does anyone know how he is. Hope the big U is recovering. 

Try vaping. I've never smoked but my business partner has smoked all his life until he tried vaping. He hasn't had a fag for, I think, 5 years this summer. It's worked for him and he always had a roll up in his mouth.  In fact it's become his hobby, he makes and collects box mods now. 

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You’ll do it. I smoked for 20 years until I was 36 and then on a random day something just clicked and I put my cigarette out and said that is it and gave up. That was over 7 years ago.

Hearing about Ugo could well be the random trigger you have needed. Don’t look back. Consider yourself  a none smoker. It is all in the mind and will be easier than you think.

• Like 1

Terrible news. I remember getting his name on the back of my jersey when I was a yound lad. Trojan defender and a sad loss. Hopefully there's a tribute on Sunday but no doubt it will be ruined by the scum.

Â