Ugo Ehiogu

dounavilla

Looking at those pics of THAT villa team I so want us to start being a decent side again, if anything for the memory of these absolute villa legends like Ugo. Getting back to the top of the game will be the best tribute to them. 

• Like 1

When I played football back in the day, ehiogu was my favourite defender and sometimes when  I used to go in for a tackle I'd shout 'EHIOGU'. I used to do the same when playing rugby and I'd shout this certain players name out when going in for a tackle. Man mountain and the chants from the holte of, Ugo Ugo Ugo..

• Like 1

Such tragic news and thoroughly depressing day.... can't believe we've lost Dalian & now Ugo within 6 months of each other. Two of my all time villa idols tragically gone too soon. 

I always hoped he would come back home and join our back room staff at some point. 

I will be chanting his name on the 16th minute on Sunday. 

R.I.P Ugo :( 

13 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I can't see the Merse interview because bloody sky geoblock me. Anyone know of any other way of watching it. I checked YouTube and drew a blank. 

Just type in google ' Merson interview Ugo Ehiogu' and different links will come up.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thanks mate. I dunno why I didn't think of that. Just watched it and in the one minute I saw it brought a tear to my eye. Merse clearly cut up. I'm going to give the Mrs and kids a hug when they get up. 

It's not nice but it shows what he meant to fellow professionals. Merse is villa through and through.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not nice but it shows what he meant to fellow professionals. Merse is villa through and through.

Living in oz I never really knew a lot about Ugo except he was a beast on the field. Clearly he was one of those all to rare fellas that was just a genuine nice bloke. In today's state of affairs football will miss him but so will the world. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Thanks mate. I dunno why I didn't think of that. Just watched it and in the one minute I saw it brought a tear to my eye. Merse clearly cut up. I'm going to give the Mrs and kids a hug when they get up. 

I am very touched by it all and Merse seems he has a similar personality....caring guy.

Hearts are tricky things that need to get checked out regularly......I found out I had an underlying problem some time ago and I'm now on tablets for my existence.

as for hugging the wife and kids, it's the best therapy in the world.....keep it up.

Rest in peace Ugo, one of the first players I knew and went into primary school in Sheffield telling everyone about. I remember being so proud when I learned to spell Ehiogu as a 6/7 year old. HEITS.

• Like 3

Â