On This Day In History

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

On this day in 2003 Airstrikes by an American and British-led coalition signal the beginning of the invasion of Iraq, without United Nations support and in defiance of world opinion

2003 we had a baby that wouldn't sleep. I'd sit downstairs with the little @&*^%##$ bundle of joy and watch live streaming of the action at the front. Can't remember what channel it was on, but they had cameras showing the advance. Some times with commentary. 

I did wonder if there was any sort of delay on it, or whether Iraqi peeps could be watching the same pictures.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

2003 we had a baby that wouldn't sleep. I'd sit downstairs with the little @&*^%##$ bundle of joy and watch live streaming of the action at the front. Can't remember what channel it was on, but they had cameras showing the advance. Some times with commentary. 

I did wonder if there was any sort of delay on it, or whether Iraqi peeps could be watching the same pictures.

I remember watching it, thinking  what the f*** are we doing, this is insane

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

5 years ago Russia annexed Crimea. Time sure flies. 

was thinking of finding the Russia thread  , but I read an article the other week by someone who has kinda pretty much predicted every move Putin has made  , usually when he is having a dip in the opinion polls .. His prediction is that Putin's next target would be Finland or Sweden ... obviously he didn't mean sending troops into Helsinki etc but a grab at somewhere like  Gotland up near the arctic .. his theory is kinda backed up by this little reported 45 day notice for Naval shipping to enter the Northern sea routes that Russia announced as policy  

could be interesting  ....

Dunno about that. Starting wars in Scandinavia could easily involve countries he has not interest in pissing off, such as yourselves. Ukraine is unfortunately a country nobody in the west gives a toss about. 

I did wonder however how the invasion of Crimea was timelined next to the oil price crash. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Dunno about that. Starting wars in Scandinavia could easily involve countries he has not interest in pissing off, such as yourselves. Ukraine is unfortunately a country nobody in the west gives a toss about. 

I did wonder however how the invasion of Crimea was timelined next to the oil price crash. 

yeah it sounded far fetched when i read it , but the author does haver some form with predicting Putin's moves which Is why i gave it a little bit more attention than  your average conspiracy stuff ....neither country are in NATO so he doens't really have that to contend with ... if NATO didn't take him to task him over Ukraine  I doubt a chunk of ice in the Arctic circle is going get NATO on the move

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

for you know who  ...

UK single release on this day in 1963  of   'Misery', by Kenny Lynch.

the 1st cover of a Beatles song

No, it wasn't. It wasn't a cover

Â