General Election 2017

ender4

20 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Just as an aside, can we add the word "snowflake" to the title of the Labour Party thread?

I wannabe a delicate little snowflake too. 

of course you can be a snowflake, next time you see utter crap, lies or grossly misleading posts or information, just take the time to point out the errors of whats being said, that seems the usual situation where the term snowflake is used the most

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Where does the term 'snowflake' even derive from?  It bears no relevance and it pisses me right off.

Fight Club. Supposedly.

You are not a unique and precious snowflake.

Or something.

3 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Just as an aside, can we add the word "snowflake" to the title of the Labour Party thread?

I wannabe a delicate little snowflake too. 

I think "white knight" would be more accurate.

The role of the white knight is to protect snowflakes from being exposed to opinions that hurt their feelings.

They are usually lefties who join the 'me too' flash-mob when a subject known to trigger snowflakes is aired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think "white knight" would be more accurate.

The role of the white knight is to protect snowflakes from being exposed to opinions that hurt their feelings.

They are usually lefties who join the 'me too' flash-mob when a subject known to trigger snowflakes is aired.

And the opposite of the snowflake is a golden shower, the sort who piss themselves at every opportunity. Literally and figuratively. 

I think last night in Manchester will swing it for the Tories. They are perceived as the tougher option in this sort of situation, and all the "Corbyn is weak" memes will do the damage. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think last night in Manchester will swing it for the Tories. They are perceived as the tougher option in this sort of situation, and all the "Corbyn is weak" memes will do the damage. 

Oh they will play on this, absolutely. Which apparently is strength... So yeah, game over now. The Tories have a new toy. Absolutely no need for a manifesto now.

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When people are scared, they lean further right, towards isolationism; more security. It's understandable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

When people are scared, they lean further right, towards isolationism; more security. It's understandable.

Especially when that fear is manipulated by the nasty party. 

It certainly couldn't have come at a worse time for Labour . . . right at the end of by far the Tories' worst day of the campaign, just as it looked like cracks were opening up. Now Labour will lose time and momentum, and yes the issue pretty clearly favours the Tories. 

Especially with stuff like this.

I'm not suggesting the obvious conclusion for a minute, but this really couldn't have come at a better time for the Tories or a worse time for Labour. They had the Tories on the ropes.

Â