General Election 2017

ender4

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I agree , on the basis by "country"  you aren't  meaning just  "Tory voters" 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, I was referring to all of us.

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

by and large they all do it....Politicians offer what we tell them we want

We have achieved peak agreement...now what happens?

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:22, Davkaus said:

May has refused to guarantee the pension triple lock will be preserved. A questionable choice ahead of an election, but scrapping it is definitely the right thing to do.

Corbyn seems to think that guaranteeing a minimum of a 2.5% payrise for pensioners every year while workers get nothing of the sort is a solid policy. FFS. 

I don't think it will actually have much effect on the elderly vote as they will be more worried what labour will do with the economy and whether share prices drop dramatically. 

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We have achieved peak agreement...now what happens?

I think Labour are going to walk this election.

Will that do?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think Labour are going to walk this election.

Will that do?

related (sorta) the bloke ( Giles Fraser whoever he is) on This Week , last night , wasn't quite saying this but did seem to think Corbyn deserved a chance and would do a good job

when pressed on it in the studio as to why it seemed to be , well he's a decent bloke  , his man of peace line got shot down in flames and rightly so 

As ringing endorsements go it I'm not sure it would have convinced anyone

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

related (sorta) the bloke ( Giles Fraser whoever he is) on This Week , last night , wasn't quite saying this but did seem to think Corbyn deserved a chance and would do a good job

when pressed on it in the studio as to why it seemed to be , well he's a decent bloke  , his man of peace line got shot down in flames and rightly so 

As ringing endorsements go it I'm not sure it would have convinced anyone

He's a trendy vicar, which is why his analysis is asinine. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:
58 minutes ago, snowychap said:
1 hour ago, blandy said:

I heard she made an appointment for Cressida Dick, which sounds nasty. 

Inspector?

Yes I did,  quite the nasty rash and infection.  Someone had to have a look I suppose.

I believe it can lead to shooting prematurely.

• Like 2

I for one look forward to this election. I used to vote left and consider myself quite liberal until this last wave of elections came about and I realised that the left is absolutely saturated with social justice warriors who will scream, shout and interrupt anyone who has another view to them. All the while they keep shouting NAZI to anyone who has different views, even though they don't realise that by silencing people they are acting more like nazis than anyone else. Our society has now raised a new class of university student who thinks that it's okay to bar some people with conflicting views to the left from speaking at universities while at the same time burning their bras, heckling people who argue against islam, against europe, against anything that isn't a multi coloured love session.

It's not Theresa May that is ruining the left - it's the left and all their social justice warriors who are so incredibly privileged to be born in an era where they can go to uni and do jack all but protest, scream and shout like animals. Corbyn and his feminist mafia is ruining labour, not Theresa May. People are sick and tired of leftist people who have no root in reality, who are rude, brazen and inconsiderate. Who thinks it's okay to censor people based on their views while at the same time arguing that women are oppressed when they are oppressing over half of the country by denying them rights to free speech.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I for one look forward to this election. I used to vote left and consider myself quite liberal until this last wave of elections came about and I realised that the left is absolutely saturated with social justice warriors who will scream, shout and interrupt anyone who has another view to them. All the while they keep shouting NAZI to anyone who has different views, even though they don't realise that by silencing people they are acting more like nazis than anyone else. Our society has now raised a new class of university student who thinks that it's okay to bar some people with conflicting views to the left from speaking at universities while at the same time burning their bras, heckling people who argue against islam, against europe, against anything that isn't a multi coloured love session.

It's not Theresa May that is ruining the left - it's the left and all their social justice warriors who are so incredibly privileged to be born in an era where they can go to uni and do jack all but protest, scream and shout like animals. Corbyn and his feminist mafia is ruining labour, not Theresa May. People are sick and tired of leftist people who have no root in reality, who are rude, brazen and inconsiderate. Who thinks it's okay to censor people based on their views while at the same time arguing that women are oppressed when they are oppressing over half of the country by denying them rights to free speech.

What an absolute load of condescending tosh.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Â