General Election 2017

ender4

12 minutes ago, darrenm said:

For a party trying to elect a man whose manifesto was built on bribes i find the irony quite amusing 

let me guess promises on scrapping tution fees wasn't a bribe it was in the national interest

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

For a party trying to elect a man whose manifesto was built on bribes i find the irony quite amusing 

let me guess promises on scrapping tution fees wasn't a bribe it was in the national interest

One says "Tbis is our policy, please vote for it".

The other says "We lost the election, but with your votes we can still command a majority.  How much do we need to pay you for you to guarantee to vote with us?"

Do you see the difference?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of these things is very much not like the other. 

Yeah I know one was a Corbyn bribe and thus doesn't count , I'm not new here ,  I know how it works 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah I know one was a Corbyn bribe and thus doesn't count , I'm not new here you know I know how it works 

No, one was a Corbyn policy, which is not the same thing. As it happens, I don't agree with the policy, but it was (and presumably is) a policy

Edited by HanoiVillan

There are some people out there who have suffered irreplably from the slow but vitriolic drip feed of propaganda and distortions the majority of our media pretend is news.

But don't argue with them, don't laugh at them, and definitely don't try and debate with them. 

Just feel for them as their world collapses away from underneath them at the very moment they thought they had it in the bag.

Bright future people - and much desparation, doublespeak, and hypocrisy to laugh at in the meantime.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, peterms said:

Christ, even Kez gets it. Tories are doomed.

I had to google her but a Labour MP critiscing the Tory party is hardly earth shattering is it ? 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, one was a Corbyn policy, which is not the same thing. As it happens, I don't agree with the policy, but it was (and presumably is) a policy

it was a bribe ... Why put such a positive spin on it? 

Don't you love it when people call policies 'bribes' just at the time our friends in the Newspapers use the term ? 

(Edited - TV)

Can you imagine the Daily Heil if Corbyn had won and signed up to give Sinn Fein £2,000,000,000 !!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha , and yet some defend this Mob with - presumably - straight faces .

I personally just think it's very decent of the Tories to begin already writing the script for Labour to use in the marginals.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not surprised to see this linebeing trotted out but it's a pretty weak attempt at defending the actions of May.

Corbyn put a policy in a manifesto which everyone of age had an opportunity to vote on. Now I personally have a view on that particular policy as do you and I suspect everyone else reading this, in fact mine probably is at odds with most of my fellow Labour voters but I still voted knowing that pledge was there. 

That is entirely different to what May has done with this DUP which nobody voted for, which wasn't in the manifesto and which I suspect rather a lot of Tory voters are just as unhappy about as Labour.

May banged on and on about there not being a money tree so in an age of continued austerity I for one would like to know where this money has come from and what will be cut/increased to fund it. Handy now I guess that the Tories provided absolutely no costings in their manifesto.

But this isn't really about party politics, it's not about bashing the Tories. It's about a woeful PM screwing up her majority through a needless election and inept campaign and then using our money to bail herself out.

In doing so putting at jeopardy a crucial agreement in the relative modern day peace in Ireland.

To say that there is no comparison to a pre election policy pledge is the biggest under understatement since... oh I don't know something about Dianne Abbott.

Where is this line being "trotted "out ?

who mentioned May or even tried to defend her , I certainly haven't (not ever to my knowledge )

i just read a twitter from a group whose aim is to do whatever it takes to get Corbyn elected ( I think it's them , dunno are there more than one group ? ) and found the whole thing kinda amusing and to use my favourite political word Hypercritical

but hey ho , next people will be saying that triple lock wasn't a bribe to buy pensioner votes previously and it's removal by May didn't have any impact  

Is it a bribe to cut Corporation Tax?

To cut National Insurance for High Earners ?

To ease credit control on Financial Institutions ?

To sell state owned Organisations back to people ?

To sell Council Houses paid for by ratepayers to those who can afford it ?

Is it a bribe to devise policies that appeal to certain sections of the electorate ?

Yes, it is, but only when The Mail says it is.

Â