General Election 2017

ender4

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The bloke in the TV clip above did a poll and got very close to the result, whereas you were right in terms of believing earlier on that Labour wouldn't be as bad as the polls were then showing, but, (and I don't mean this in a picky way, Darren) but I had thought you said Corbyn would win? (well to be honest I went back and checked, and you did) I grant you were saying early on that the polls were wrong - credit for picking up the mood swing and Corbyn's popularity with voters, but ultimately you called the wrong result (as everyone else did, to varying extents). The tories increased their vote, too and T.May's PM (unfortunately).

The pollster man - I think his earlier polls were wrong, too. Everybody was wrong. politics has become almost unforecastable - some people pick up on "direction of travel" as you did, pretty smartly and uniquely, on here, yet still even with your highly attuned spider senses, you ended up wrong, too.

I hope the direction of travel in the UK (which is bound to be affected by all this Brexit chaostrophy) will be further away from the tories again, but the way things are going round the world who knows what event will happen next and change things again. Terrorism, Islamophobia, Fires, Wars, Brexit, Trump, Russia, China, N. Korea, upcoming German elections....it's like the Chinese proverb - "May you live in interesting times".

It was only a little quip. Nothing serious. You needn't have bothered going back and checking. I don't remember saying he would win though as I never thought that would be the case. I did predict 320 Tory seats and a hung parliament though. There's a picture I posted with my work predictions and I had 320. Not far off 318. Early on I just thought there was a Labour surge being driven by social media that was all. Hence the it's happening joviality.

Corbyn needs to start planning ahead for what will be the hardest period in his lifetime. Leading the final stages of the Brexit negotiations. He's got the popular vote pretty much shored up based on the shambolic tory performance as of late and now needs to start focusing on what he truly wants for the EU vote. He's been very unclear on this as of yet. If I were him I'd call a second referendum as part of the next GE manifesto. That'd win him a hell of a lot of seats in fairly conservative seats in the home counties who voted remain in for example Hants, Berks, Bucks, Scotland(not home county, but very remain focused). The faster we can get someone who isn't Theresa May into no. 10 the better. 

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Corbyn is playing a blinder in fairness to him and the contrast between him and May in terms of connecting with people couldn't be greater. 

Hmmm one attended  armed forces day and met with army personal ,one met with pot heads and hippies and had his picture taken with a woman with her tits out and **** the DUP written on her chest 

I know which one played the blinder 

Edited by tonyh29

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Hmmm one attended  armed forces day and met with army personal ,one met with pot heads and hippies and had his picture taken with a woman with her tits out and **** the DUP written on her chest 

Pot heads and hippies? Move over grandad. It's all grime, hip hop and silent discos these days.

I know, I know, in your day a disco always involved a glitter ball, flares and John Travolta. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Some commentators have been saying that Corbyn is a populist for a long time - yesterday confirmed it.

Getting down with the kids!

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I'd like to see May make an appearance where she would be comfortable tbh. Maybe she could do a speech to some kids from Yemen as their bodies are blown to pieces from the weapons she is happy to sell to Saudi Arabia. They could even let her press the button to send the bombs to kill the kids.

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

i would imagine that 90% of the people attending glastonbury would have voted labour / green / lib dem anyway so not like he isn't preaching to the converted

It isn't about preaching to the converted, but then I am not going to argue what it is about as nobody 'got it' in 2016, or in January, or in April either.

Â