Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Cheers BOF - that's what I suspected.  Lot's of away games there though (clutching at straws).

Well it's basically the period before we bought him (and were at our most disjointed), and the period during the AFCON.  I think we're better set up to play in his absence now.  Missing 1 key player shouldn't upset us the way it did in the past.  For example, our record in Hutton's absence is even worse than our record in Kodjia's absence, so it might be a little misleading to hang our hats on the table above.

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm afraid you are correct.  We've won one game this season where Kodjia didn't appear.  That was Rotherham.  We've played 8 games in his absence.

fe788c572832ed4cfb61f13a10b28045.png

good job Birmingham are just as bad as Rotherham at this moment in time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not really sure why, I think we will win this despite the Redknapp factor.

I think the other way but would rather you be right! 

All I can imagine is that smug face dripping like melting wax giving it large during the post match interview. 

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not really sure why, I think we will win this despite the Redknapp factor.

I agree.  Unfortunately I can't see Blackburn getting anything at Molyneux or Forest getting near Reading.  So we'll have to wait another few weeks if they're to drop below the red line :) 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I've just checked and we're not as shite as them.  We'll be fine.

Wee have been for the last three games. We don't know how they are going to play, or what kind of influence candleface will have on them.

Add no kodjia (remember January?) This will be a tough game

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Wee have been for the last three games. We don't know how they are going to play, or what kind of influence candleface will have on them.

Add no kodjia (remember January?) This will be a tough game

It'll be tough by virtue of being the derby.  I expect a reaction from us.  People can find reasons why we'll lose if they look for them.  I expect a home win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

It'll be tough by virtue of being the derby.  I expect a reaction from us.  People can find reasons why we'll lose if they look for them.  I expect a home win.

No problem it's good to be confidence but I have seen nothing from the last three games to suggest we will get a reaction esp now the hopeless Zola has resigned. Candleface cannot make them any worse

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No problem it's good to be confidence but I have seen nothing from the last three games to suggest we will get a reaction esp now the hopeless Zola has resigned. Candleface cannot make them any worse

Fair enough, for my part I saw nothing in those three games to suggest we have stopped playing, the opposite in fact in the failed fight back with 10 men... I think we conceded a few poor goals against hungry sides, nothing more, and will be well up for it on Sunday.

• Like 1

I fully expect to win and anything else is totally unacceptable from the most expensive squad in the division. SHA are a bag of shit and have the worst current form going. Harry Redknob has never experienced a second city derby and neither has any of his third rate players. Kodjia or no Kodjia this is a nailed on Villa win.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Get pissed,  put 50.00 pound on a Blues win and go to sleep.

Whats the worst that can happen ? We can't go down and they the poor men of Brum.

Had a look this morning, 16-5 is floating around for a SHA win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I fully expect to win and anything else is totally unacceptable from the most expensive squad in the division. SHA are a bag of shit and have the worst current form going. Harry Redknob has never experienced a second city derby and neither has any of his third rate players. Kodjia or no Kodjia this is a nailed on Villa win.

Didn't most of them play in the cup game last season?

On 19/04/2017 at 10:27, BOF said:

The fact we've lost 2 in a row in quick succession means we'll want a reaction.  We'll be fine.  They're shite remember.

Are they shite, or were they just playing a completely mental system under an awful manager? This was a borderline playoff side for half the season. Not that I think Redknapp is competent, but it worries me a bit. 

Taylor is our most important player for this one. If Amavi plays, I can see a defeat. 

12 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Are they shite, or were they just playing a completely mental system under an awful manager? This was a borderline playoff side for half the season. Not that I think Redknapp is competent, but it worries me a bit. 

Taylor is our most important player for this one. If Amavi plays, I can see a defeat. 

It sounds like Taylor is touch and go.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if he starts.  In fact if he does start I think it will say something about Bruce's opinion of Amavi, because I doubt it'll be a 100% fit Taylor who gets in.

Ref is Simon Hooper.  He refereed our 2-2 draw at home to Forest and our 2-0 win at home to Bristol City.  On VT we've rated him average to good on both occasions.  Although I've noticed referee ratings tend to tie in closely with whether the result was in our favour or not :detect:

• Like 2