Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Controversial team choice for this one...

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Jedinak Amavi (Taylor if fit)

Lansbury Hourihane

Adomah  Grealish  Gabby

Hogan

Jedinak has to be on the pitch... the problem is in the middle we need legs and someone who can pick a pass. He has looked solid at the back previously and he can command the midfield from there.

Gabby... in any other game I wouldn't even think about putting him in. But in a game like this you need local lads in there. We are currently missing an out and out winger but Gabby's pace could be used here as we did years ago. Blues also fear him (for some strange reason)

More worried now that redknapp has taken over. I can't stand him but he's the type of blood to inspire the unwashed enough to want it more than us.

There's no way we should continue with three centre backs.

I'd play 4411 as follows and hope grealish steps up to the challenge

..............Johnstone

Hutton.chester.Baker. Taylor

Adomah.jedinak.Lansbury. green

.................grealish

................hogan

Bizarrely I hope gabby is fit enough to make the bench

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

More worried now that redknapp has taken over. I can't stand him but he's the type of blood to inspire the unwashed enough to want it more than us.

There's no way we should continue with three centre backs.

I'd play 4411 as follows and hope grealish steps up to the challenge

..............Johnstone

Hutton.chester.Baker. Taylor

Adomah.jedinak.Lansbury. green

.................grealish

................hogan

Bizarrely I hope gabby is fit enough to make the bench

Unfortunately both Taylor and Green are doubts...

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

the thing is John.

This is the kind of "happening" that will embarrass us, the "bounce" that will last one game, keep them in the division and give the scum fans something to tease us with

This 100 %, this kind of disastor is right up Villa's street in terms of luck  <_<

Gabby and Hogan up front please. If nothing else, Gabby is strong enough and streetwise enough to hold the ball up and lay off to Hogan and other runners. Grealish and RHM will be bounced all over the park leaving Hogan to chase long balls like at Fulham. 

• Like 1

We have nothing to play for and have given up for the year. Not that we had put much effort in this year anyway. It's been a total disaster of a season, Kodjia is out so we are buggered all day long. Bruce will probably pluck some weird starting line up out of his arse to boot.

Blues have everything to play for and have appointed Redknapp. Two of the things I hate most in football have joined forces. This is going to end up being a win for SHA and they will ensure their safety at Villa Park. 

I'm going to avoid this game all day long. It's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Jedinak Amavi (Taylor if fit)

Lansbury Hourihane

Adomah  Grealish  Gabby

Hogan

Nothing wrong with that mate.

In another time and dimension,  this would be good for 5 - 0.  It would not end well for them and it would not finish 11 v 11.  :D                    

Rimmer

Swain   McGrath     Evens      Aitken

Mortimer    Cowans

Merson                              Morley

Gray          Dublin

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I'm going to avoid this game all day long. It's a recipe for disaster.

Get pissed,  put 50.00 pound on a Blues win and go to sleep.

Whats the worst that can happen ? We can't go down and they the poor men of Brum.

• Like 1

We're not nearly as shite as them. I understand people are concerned with Kodija being out and on the bounce of two defeats, but I see this as the perfect opportunity for us to set the record straight. I doubt it'll be a game full of goals, but I say 2-0 Villa. Hogan and Chester (from a set piece). UTV!!

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Anyone have a handy list of results with / without Kodjia?  I fear without him we've barely won.

I'm afraid you are correct.  We've won one game this season where Kodjia didn't appear.  That was Rotherham.  We've played 8 games in his absence.

fe788c572832ed4cfb61f13a10b28045.png

• Like 3