limpid

Match Polls  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Who actually cares? I know I don't. Not anymore.  

Years and years of awfulness make you almost immune to it. I thought this season would be enjoyable. Its just the same as the last few years. 

34 minutes ago, AJ said:

I have nothing positive to say.

I am just so angry with this club right now, I could punch a puppy in the dick.

Ive-fallen-I-cant-get-up.gif

• Like 2

Well, that was no fun. It sounded like early on we were desperate for our wing backs to push their wingers back and ended up just with our wing backs to far up the field to defend - then we got frustrated at being second best and we've ended up down to ten. Good goal by Grealish and a lot of snaffling about with no pattern or plan. The changes we had to make didn't help, the red card didn't help, Fulham are good - but the line up we put out was capable of doing a lot better.

Kodjia doesn't play again until August and there's no 20 goal striker for another year and no chance of a bit of Jimmy dancing next week. Let's face it, it wasn't a day for good news.

Thankfully the heath were abysmal against Burton and there's the possibility of a bit of fun to look forward to next week.

No lineup consisting of Grealish and Gardner will be any good. Grealish scored a great goal but did nothing else. Gardner was rubbish. We need better from our midfield and you wonder why Bruce left Hourihane and Lansbury out. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Fulham could've had about 6 or 7. It was so easy for them, simple one twos were ripping us apart. Not good at all. Bruce has ballsed it up massively with his subs the last 2 games, we take off our LB today and 60 second later that side of the pitch is wide open and Fulham score. Ridiculous.

Can't believe I'm worried for next week. 

Let's keep some perspective, we were playing with 10 men for 70 minutes.

Not defending Bruce, we are not good enough. We still lack pace, penetration, guile and goal threat. Scary for so much being spent, but with £40m on loan what can we expect? The problems at the club will not be fixed overnight.

Edited by thunderball

All that money spent , to watch a team performe like that.  Lansbury and Hourihane , before coming to Villa, looked like decent players , now look at them .

I'm sick of hearing it's no overnight fix , how long is that one going to be played for ? Woeful football and nothing to suggest we're going upwards anytime soon .

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All that money spent , to watch a team performe like that.  Lansbury and Hourihane , before coming to Villa, looked like decent players , now look at them .

I'm sick of hearing it's no overnight fix , how long is that one going to be played for ? Woeful football and nothing to suggest we're going upwards anytime soon .

I agree with all this.

8 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I hear Zola is available. :)

No thnx

but

At least the guy has got some dignity and has decided to go before being pushed

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Fulham were everything we are not. They had pace and movement on the ball AND off. They made football look easy and yet I couldn't have named one Fulham player before the game !

Bruce has a pretty decent set of ingredients but he bakes a cake that tastes like a cow pat.

He has taken top players from other clubs and turned them into mediocre players at best. He has taken exciting, dynamic, game-breaking players that saw me destroy several boxes of tissues when they announced and turned them into WTF pub players who look terrified and pass the ball backwards as soon as any opponent threatens to challenge them.

I can't accept that talent like Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, Bree, that Viking dude, Elphick and yes, even Grealish and McCormack have suddenly all become shit players simultaneously overnight ..... that don't happen. They all look lost and lacking in confidence.

I'm seriously worried about playing Small Heathen next week and I'm even more worried about trusting next season to the same coaching team !

• Like 1

The sending off is horrific, their bloke has no intention of playing the ball, has about 3 looks kodjia, buys the contact, falls over kicks him twice as he falls and then looks like an extra from platoon when kodjia reacts

dont get me wrong the foul is bad enough from kodjia, the kick out is stupid but **** me...he's got him sent off, well done 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Urrgghh. Giving my MOTM to a player who was completely annonymous for all but two seconds of the game.

Same here - I gave it grealish as his goal was the only bright spark in the game for me - depressing day.

Was at the game and they were miles better than us even before Kodjia's stupid sending off.

They passed it better, they moved the ball better, they attacked with a purpose and got down the wings almost at will.

Really not good enough given what we have spent.

Â