limpid

Match Polls  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

57 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Hey guys don't forget, we win ugly....oh? We lost? At home? Guess we lose is ugly as well.

But don't forget, Bruce is the man to get us promoted because the pundits say so.

:crylaugh:

You must have been chuffed to bits at full time. <_<

• Like 3

Poor result ,But what makes me positive is that Bruce's signings have improved us  Lansbury Hourihane and the likes of Hogan Bree and Bjarnsson will be big players for us next year if we can get a couple of more players of that standard we will be in the promotion mix .

We need better players. And we need to stick with Bruce. Give him a summer, give him some cash to spend, and give him a full season to at least make the playoffs. If the wheels are coming off in December and we are in the relegation mix, make a change then.

• Like 1

Poor team selections for me today - set up too negatively and I don't see how bacuna yet again started this game .

Bruce need to sort his best formation and best team - both of which shouldn't include bacuna or amavi.

• Like 1

I think the selection difficulty today was left wing - I guess the more obvious solution would have been to start Grealish there, failing that, maybe play Kodjia on the left and Hogan in the middle?

It's our problem position - our first choice is Green (injured) then Bruce seems to prefer Amavi (playing left back with Taylor out), then beyond that there's Bjarnason (Injured) and then you have to get creative with Grealish (who isn't really a winger), Kodjia (who is our best CF by a mile) or a complete change of shape. Don't be too surprised to see Gabby starting there on Monday if he's fit* and Green isn't.

What you can't do is play right sided players there and hope it'll magically work itself out - Adomah and Bacuna will never be left wingers.

*You know what I mean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Reading added to the frustration, as did the referee. If Reading go up this season, they should come with a note of apology - this was as negative a side as I've seen in a long time (and I watch us) they were time wasting after 23 minutes at a point in the game where they weren't winning. I don't think I've seen that before - when they got their penalty with 11 minutes to go, I did worry there might not be long enough left for them to take it. Defensively their tactic seemed to be to grab hold of a Villa striker, wrap your arms around him and hold on for dear life until the ball went away - they did that all game. Throw in's took forever, goal kicks involved impromptu drinks breaks, there were conversations over free kicks, ours and theirs - it was incredible an incredibly negative, anti-football that ruined the game as a spectacle - although it did help them win, so I guess they'll be happy enough. Personally I hope they don't go up. Ever.

The referee was an embarrassing shambles of a man - after having established early on that he had nothing against holding by defenders, he showed absolutely no interest in putting a stop to it no matter how blatant it got - at one point the centre half had his arm around Kodjia's neck and his hand on his own shoulder - the ref was utterly disinterested - when you're playing a one man team and the ref allows you to foul him twenty times a game - you know you're on a winner. His complete disinterest in the time wasting was also shameful. So, Mr S Duncan of Newcastle Upon Tyne, might I politely suggest you take up something to which you are more suited. If you can find anything.

All of this basically. I've heard a few people say jaap stam is the kind of manager we should go for! Hahahahaha. If that is how you want our villa to play then so be it. Reading were an absolute joke today. And like you, I don't want them to go up purely based on today! It was everything football shouldn't be. 

And the ref should be ashamed. The holding of kodjia got beyond a joke, then the tiniest of flicks on the lad who won the penalty, he throws himself to the ground and it's a penalty. It's bloody bizarre what the referees see. 

• Like 2

What a disgraceful result anytime of the season against anyone.

We're either washed up **** also rans or we do what we should and get promoted next season.

I'm not not able to accept the total nonsense that "Reading are a good side". We're Aston Villa ffs.

We deserve better.

5 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

What a disgraceful result anytime of the season against anyone.

We're either washed up **** also rans or we do what we should and get promoted next season.

I'm not not able to accept the total nonsense that "Reading are a good side". We're Aston Villa ffs.

We deserve better.

Well we've had Reading are a good side, we are a work in progress, we had nothing to play for, bad day at the office, etc etc.

Not mocking those opinions just because they aren't mine, just saying.

• Like 1

Pretty dire today.  Reading were anti-football but didn't really have to do much as we gifted them the goals.

Amavi and Bacuna were trying to be too clever and were made to pay for Reading goals one and three and what on earth was the kick off after half time all about for goal two?!  Launched forward, ball lost, retained, lost again and it's in the net.

I'm a Bruce supporter but he's got to do something to accommodate two up front, we can't just rely on Kodjia.  He had no protection from the referee today (who was horrific by the way) and he isn't going to score every game. I don't know what the answer is; on the WM phone in they were talking about selling him to fund another striker to play with Hogan.  Surely not!?

Not at the races today and all 3 goals could have been avoided. Reading could say the same about our goal as well though. They were amazingly open today- if they get promoted and if they play the same in the prem they would get hammered most weeks. Stam has done a great job given the budget, but for this side to be 4th shows how poor this league is. And how poor we have been in large periods this season to be 12th.

Amavi had a bit of a mare today didn't he? It all was a bit flat but I would not question the commitment in the team today- just the concentration at the back and the execution up top.

If Hogan had equalised then it might have been a different result- or we could have just lost anyway. 

I would like Brucey to do some changes on Monday to freshen the side up a bit and have some other plans for next season.

On 15/04/2017 at 18:32, OutByEaster? said:

We played better than we have done in a number of our recent home wins - so we lost.:snip:

Bang on assessment bar Hourihane, for me his delivery was excellent from set pieces and we could have made more of it.

Genuine worry is how the hell we are going to play moving forward.  I hate watching us grind out results but I am a fan so of course enjoy winning, but whenever we try to play any sort of football we get beat!!!  When we get in the final third we go from side to side but do not get bodies in the box, often today Kodgia was in there on his own.  Even when Hogan came on he was stuck out on the wing.

We are not going up, so now is the time to get on the front foot and lay out how we are going to play next year.  For us pre-season starts now and it is time for Mr Bruce to prove he is working for the best interests of Aston Villa FC and not his own career.

• Like 1

Decent first half. Would probably have come in at half time leading if it wasn't for Amavi's sloppiness at the start.

Second half was poor, but Reading' s negative tactics didn't help.

Performance wise, that was actually better than some of the games we've won recently. But we were sloppy at the back, (for a change) and everyone left their shooting boots at hime, because we actually created quite a few chances and fluffed them all.

• Like 1

There were no options in the box, nobody on the pitch looked interested, Amavi put in the worst performance i have seen live in a long time and that is saying something. I would have subbed him 20th minute to make a point. The referee was a joke for both teams and Reading were pretty much invited the win due to their ability to soak up pressure better, and having absolutely no pressure put on them during the match. Their keeper had a nightmare and wasn't made to pay.

Above all, who really cares? Team is on the beach, nothing to play for. Stick a few kids out there. Arguably brum is the only game of importance now, every other game is completely irrelevant. 

Not the first time this season I've been baffled by people's ratings of the ref on VillaTalk.

How can any Villa fan have watched that game and thought the referee was "average"?

• Like 4

Â