Bomb attack on Dortmund team bus

NurembergVillan

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Standard bog cleaner product + bleach = chlorine gas

i think from what my missus learnt during her forensic science degree she could make several drugs using household products too

Don't make her angry. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Don't make her angry. :)

Or he'll end up on more than the list he's just been placed on :P 

(Oh hai NSA :wave:)

• Like 4

Mythbusters, surprisingly not just two blokes with a video camera but also a team of people who are actually qualified in various fields, including safety..

If people want to believe that building viable, remote detonated explosive devices from scratch is relatively simple then fair enough. I disagree. 

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mythbusters, surprisingly not just two blokes with a video camera but also a team of people who are actually qualified in various fields, including safety..

If people want to believe that building viable, remote detonated explosive devices from scratch is relatively simple then fair enough. I disagree. 

The point I was making was that, in addition to the fact you can get your hands on the instructions, you can also get your hands on the chemicals very easily.  No-one said it is the work of a moment.  But a motivated mind could do it yes.  Also, given the relatively minor damage to the bus, I wonder just how powerful these explosives were (and therefore how easily put together), if we can put aside the sensational and emotive nature of the story itself?  It wasn't exactly in bits.

3F2A765700000578-4402644-The_Borussia_Do

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

It's easy unless you're from N Korea. 

Image result for failed missile

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's easy unless you're from N Korea.

Image result for failed missile

That was just before North Korea announced that they had discovered water on Mars.

• Like 3

Having had a quick look at the terror incidents in the last 20 years or so that involved explosives in the UK (including those that were foiled), almost all of them are 'home made' and almost all of them made by 'non-professional' actors. Hell, almost all of them haven't even had a suggestion of having been tutored in bomb making at any point. They sought the instructions, got the materials, and did it. It's a short journey, especially with increasing technical sophistication available to the public (we live in a world where Maplin stocks and markets components to make computer controlled robots, to kids), to remote detonated kit.

And, as BOF says above, we're not talking about enormous explosives here (unless Dortmund's bus has more in common with a tank). Either he messed up making something more powerful (which happens often - the July 21 plot failed because they messed up the explosives by using crap materials) or he made something fairly weak.

This isn't complicated. You find and follow the instructions, and then it's just a case of hoping it works.

On 21/04/2017 at 09:18, BOF said:

Slow hand clap to the Mail again though.  Google, the terrorist's friend.  Like the ability to acquire knowledge is the enemy and should be curtailed.  Dangerous words removed.

I'm still trying to figure out what this manual they speak of actually said. 

"Get in car. 

Drive car into people"

On 4/21/2017 at 12:02, BOF said:

The point I was making was that, in addition to the fact you can get your hands on the instructions, you can also get your hands on the chemicals very easily.  No-one said it is the work of a moment.  But a motivated mind could do it yes.  Also, given the relatively minor damage to the bus, I wonder just how powerful these explosives were (and therefore how easily put together), if we can put aside the sensational and emotive nature of the story itself?  It wasn't exactly in bits.

3F2A765700000578-4402644-The_Borussia_Do

Maybe the Dortmund Fahrt Man did it

• Like 1

On 21/04/2017 at 20:59, Chindie said:

Having had a quick look at the terror incidents in the last 20 years or so that involved explosives in the UK (including those that were foiled), almost all of them are 'home made' and almost all of them made by 'non-professional' actors. Hell, almost all of them haven't even had a suggestion of having been tutored in bomb making at any point.

Should have their equity cards revoked.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Never buy a bomb from Acme. Especially if you are trying to kill a road-runner. Their Quality Control sucks.  

Is Road Runner the CEO of ACME ?

Â