Bomb attack on Dortmund team bus

NurembergVillan

Seems like there have been three explosions around the Dortmund team bus, with Marc Bartra injured and taken to hospital.  The club have tweeted that it's a bomb.  The match has been postponed until tomorrow night.

Borussia Dortmund's Champions League quarter-final with Monaco has been postponed after the Dortmund team bus was damaged by an explosion.

The German team confirmed that defender Marc Bartra was injured in an incident near their hotel but said there was "no danger inside the stadium".

The match will now be played at Dortmund's Westfalenstadion at 17:45 BST on Wednesday.

Police confirmed there had been three explosions in the area of the team bus.

Dortmund tweeted that: "A bomb exploded at the team bus next to the hotel.

"The players are safe. There is no danger at the stadium."

Former Barcelona centre-back Bartra was sent to hospital for treatment, with windows broken on the bus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39572434

I don't understand. Three separate explosions around the bus and only one player gets brought to hospital. 

Not an actual bomb, really crappy bomb, or really lucky team? 

Also this seems like big news

Hopefully it was just some morons throwing "bangers" at the buss and not an actual terror attack.

The injury to Bartra is reported to be to his arm from broken glass.

Bartra will have surgery on his arm to remove shrapnel and repair a broken wrist.

Police have found a letter claiming responsibility but are yet to verify the authenticity of it.

Surprised I'm the only one commenting on this thread. Seems like a pretty big deal to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bartra will have surgery on his arm to remove shrapnel and repair a broken wrist.

Police have found a letter claiming responsibility but are yet to verify the authenticity of it.

Surprised I'm the only one commenting on this thread. Seems like a pretty big deal to me.

Have been waiting for some more solid information before commenting, but it's starting to look as I feared. Just thankful it was a huge failure.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm living about an hour away and work with a few fans of Dortmund but nobody has really payed any attention to it. No discussion. Nothing. A few comments here or there but nothing really. I thought it would have been a big deal. Seemingly not. I'm on night shift by the way just in case you think that I'm waiting for one of them to ring me to discuss it.

My reaction to this though is I hate the world at the moment. Westminister attacks, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Syria. I live in Düsseldorf and there was a lad with an axe attacking people at the main train station a few weeks ago. Where is next?

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm not surprised sport has been hit eventually, even though I was expecting a stadium more than team bus. Luckily didn't cause more damage

Only a year and a half since the attacks in Paris where among other targets 3 bombs exploded outside Stade de France and the game between France and Germany.

4 people died.

This kinda gets lost because the attack at Bataclan and the restaurants where so much worse.

Whoever is responsible, the use of IED's within Europe is not good.

*speculation* 

It must have been detonated by an observer using a remote or command wire to target and hit a specific (moving?) vehicle. That implies a level of competence in planning, sophistication and experience. 

I'd guess the failure came in the formulation of the actual explosive, so maybe someone's first attempt - recipes for that and instructions on building devices all over the Internet thanks to AQ and ISIS.

Worrying that they got the rest of it right. Could be a lone crazy guy (would need to know more about the other device found) but he's still competent. 

Â