San Bernardino shooting

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shooting at an elementary school in San Bernardino, CA :(

Stop killing each other you clearings in the woods.

If only more members of the public had guns, they could have prevented this.

• Like 1

Apparently the killer was in a relationship with the teacher. He probably knew a school shooter was her worst nightmare. Such a disgusting waste and that at least one child was killed, and dozens of children watched their teacher and friend get blown away. Hard to maintain a positive mindset living here.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You see this is why children should all be armed.

The caretaker also,  at $10 a hour he will surely only use the gun to defend the school and it's values.  Throw in the Bus driver as well and it's all sorted.   Nothing bad could ever happen then.

The US and their love for all things cowardly is astonishing.  They effectively turn up to every fight with a gun ffs.

In England,  if you turned up to a fight after school with a weapon it would not go down well and could get you battered and laughed at for bringing that alone and you would look a right word removed.  I am willing to be correct on that but it was the case where I lived.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Compassion fatigue.

Perhaps.

But also...

Didn't kill enough

Motivation is clear

Motivation isn't a headline grabber

If he killed 30 whilst screaming something from the Quran, or was a student, the topic is 10 times longer.

Jealous former spouse murders ex and kills child in crossfire at a school isn't making many headlines for long or prompting discussion.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Perhaps.

But also...

Didn't kill enough

Motivation is clear

Motivation isn't a headline grabber

If he killed 30 whilst screaming something from the Quran, or was a student, the topic is 10 times longer.

Jealous former spouse murders ex and kills child in crossfire at a school isn't making many headlines for long or prompting discussion.

No, I have compassion fatigue. My reaction to these is now 'meh'.  It is not humanly possible to genuinely 'feel' for literally everything that happens around the world.  You'd be an emotional wreck if you somehow could.  And I don't count filtering your facebook profile as 'feeling' for something, for example.  It is what it is.  If they want to fix it they will, but they don't.  I'm sure the conservatives will 'pray' with San Bernardino, and each side will use it as a political tool for their own ends in the coming week.  It won't be terrorism because the shooter is 'non-muslim' (edited : thanks Chindie), and it therefore won't help that particular narrative.  The world will spin and it'll happen again in a few weeks, and we'll all be expected to outpour grief on social media again.

• Like 2

Ah I see.

I've not seen any of that really. It's just been treated as another killing, it got a headline because at first it looked like your latest Columbine alike. But then the narrative was clear that it wasn't. It's just the same thing that happens hundreds of times a week across the States that nobody bothers about because it's 'what happens'.

Killer was black incidentally.

• Like 1

Â