• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Cripes! That's an odd interpretation in my eyes. But as per you last night, I'll leave it there, we clearly have very different takes on it all and we're almost going round in circles. That's me done until the next use of the wretched weapons.

Fair enough.

For others who may be interested in reading about some of the detail and a take on the OPCW inspections and what they do and don't show, this tweet from Peter Hitchens from a couple of months ago refers to his reading of what the OPCW said.

Dissenting voices that get too loud get nobbled.

On balance it seems Murray's sources have been identified and he's being spoon fed pap.

Echoes of Morgan at the anti war Mirror.

Murray is being played, he needs to wise up.

He recently put up that the UK was considering shifting the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

Yeah right, a grossly incompetent government pretty much in hiding, struggling with the Brexit disaster is really going to think that's relevant and good for PR right now.

That said, we'd do well to remember that history shows Morgan's Mirror was mostly in the right and hundreds of thousands are dead.

4 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Nah, Craig Murray says that their story checks out.

Case closed.

so there they are in fear for their lives .... Murray outing them as gay should make things alright for them though

• Like 1

Clusterbombing civilians again.

Amnesty International

The Syrian government, backed by Russia, has intensified unlawful attacks on civilians in Idlib using internationally banned cluster munitions and unguided barrel bombs in a prelude to a widely anticipated military offensive, Amnesty International said today.

At least 13 attacks were reported to have taken place between 7 and 10 September in the southern part of Idlib governorate. The bombardments, which targeted the villages of al-Tah, Jerjanaz, al-Habeet, Hass, Abadeen as well as the outskirts of Khan Sheikhoun, killed 14 civilians and injured 35 more....

“The Syrian government has routinely used banned cluster munitions and barrel bombs across Syria to inflict terrible harm and suffering on civilians. Now, they have started duplicating these horrific tactics in Idlib and we don’t have any reason to believe that they will stop,” said Diana Semaan, Amnesty International’s Syria researcher.

“As an offensive looms, the international community must act quickly to ensure that civilians in Idlib are protected from these deliberate and indiscriminate attacks. A further escalation in unlawful attacks by the Syrian government, armed groups and their allies will only add to the high toll of civilian casualties and further exacerbate the humanitarian crisis.”

Amnesty International’s weapons expert reviewed images provided by the residents that showed the remnants of cluster munitions following an attack on 10 September in al-Tah and Jerjanaz. The images clearly show scrap from Russian-made 220mm 9M27K rockets that contained 9N235 cluster munitions. Other photos from al-Tah showed individual unexploded 9N235 cluster munitions which pose a significant hazard to civilians, particularly children, who may be maimed or killed by these weapons long after their initial deployment.  

Two rescue workers told Amnesty International that around 10 of their colleagues came under attack while extinguishing a fire caused by an air strike on 8 September. The attack, allegedly carried out by Russia, had struck a potato factory located on a major highway, around 1.5km north of the city of Khan Sheikhoun.

One of the workers said he was inside the factory extinguishing the fire when he heard a surveillance plane overhead.

“I rushed outside to warn the team because the surveillance war plane had left. I didn’t even finish my sentence, ‘Guys, there is a surveillance warplane’, when I heard an explosion in the sky and then the bombs rained on us,” the rescue worker said.

“I immediately collapsed on the ground while hearing small explosions … I was transferred to a hospital where they removed shrapnel from my left and right thighs.”

A hoax is likely to be one line of inquiry after a couple apparently fell ill in a Salisbury restaurant on Sunday prompting a major incident, police sources have told the BBC. Alex King, 42, was admitted to hospital with his wife, six months after a nerve agent attack in the same city. Mr King is a convicted criminal and once hoaxed Prince Charles.

Police sources said until the man had been spoken to, "we can't rule anything in or out".

On Tuesday, Mr King's wife, Anna Shapiro, 30, told the Sun that the Russian state had poisoned her and her husband in Prezzo. The paper reported it was "what security sources fear was a suspected rat poison attack". Ms Shapiro is a model and an Israeli citizen of Russian heritage.

A spokesman for the Sun told the BBC: "Like any newspaper, we were keen to talk to those at the centre of the incident and give them the opportunity to share with the public their version of events."

The article has since been removed from the newspaper's website "for legal reasons".

No arrests have been made and Wiltshire Police said on Wednesday: "This is now a routine investigation.", "The woman from the restaurant has been interviewed once and is likely to be spoken to again. The next step is to speak to the man involved."

The BBC was unable to contact the couple. Wiltshire Police earlier confirmed the pair were not exposed to any nerve agent and that it was not linking their illness with the recent poisonings in Salisbury and Amesbury.

"Given recent events in Salisbury, the reporting of an event requiring the evacuation of bars and restaurants by police officers in bio-hazard suits, and that requires tests for the presence of Novichok, is of obvious public interest," a spokesman for the Sun added.

Salisbury District Hospital said "both patients are now medically fit" and have been discharged from hospital. It is understood that the couple also tested negative for any other poisons, including rat poison.

In 2006 Mr King carried out a "prank" on the Prince of Wales at a film premiere. He inserted himself into an official line-up of stars being greeted by Prince Charles and was later interviewed by the media about his deception. He claimed the "prank" was carried out as part of a £100,000 bet with his employer - the convicted fraudster Edward Davenport. In 2004, Mr King pleaded guilty at London's Horseferry Road Magistrates' Court to three counts of distributing indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of children.

In a statement on Wednesday, Lorna Wilkinson, director of nursing at Salisbury District Hospital, said "given recent events" they had tested Mr King and Ms Shapiro for nerve agents, when they were admitted on Sunday evening. "Tests on both patients came back negative," she said. "Both patients are now medically fit and there is no need for them to be in hospital." "While this incident did not involve nerve agents, it was still clearly very stressful for our staff who, once again, demonstrated the very best of the NHS." "I want to thank them for rising to the occasion yet again," she added.

On 4 March, Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia collapsed in Salisbury having been exposed to the nerve agent Novichok. After weeks in hospital they were released, but in June, two Amesbury residents fell ill after being exposed to the same nerve agent. Dawn Sturgess, 44, later died. The UK government has accused two Russian men, Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, of attempting to kill the Skripals. But in an interview on a Russian state-run news channel, they claimed to be tourists. Russia has denied any involvement in the poisoning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45580825

So, presumably we all saw this one coming :huh:

There was a bit on the telly last night that I caught with a interview by phone with a Russian sounding bod who had done this identification of the Russian bloke as a GRU agent. The questioning was poor by Kirsty Wark, but it was all quite unconvincing, tbh. Based on what we know so far the most likely thing is these two Russians were involved, but the thing last night didn't seem like much more than someone with a guess/theory, really that the chap in the pictures is this particular GRU agent.

Russian GRU caught trying to hack OPCW when it was investigating Skripal attack and Douma attack. What motive could these spies from innocent Russia possibly have? 

The scale of Russian support for Assad's use of CWs and its own use of them in targetted assassination attempts is beginning to be brought much more clearly in to the daylight. About time, too.

Â