• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't know how other people feel, but I sympathise with the bloke. An obviously impoverished lad, at home in Russia, told there's a SMO to remove Nazis from Ukraine, that everything is going well, that he can join the Army to make some money, he won't be fighting, just driving casualties to hospitals. Given next to no training, put in a broken tank, sets off and after 5 minutes is the only survivor of an anti tank rocket attack, and is now a PoW.

I'm with you, I feel nothing but sadness for the young Russians who've been duped and the young Russians who are now being threatened with 10 years jail time, if they don't go to Ukraine using equipment that's not fit for purpose, to just basically be cannon fodder and get killed. I think the actions of the Putin and his inner circle are abominable, and obviously fly the flag for Ukraine. I can't help but think about what these young guys are feeling knowing that most of them are basically being ordered to their deaths, what they must be feeling and what they're going through. Hoping that in the near future there's a coup in Moscow and Putin is overthrown, this cannot be allowed to go on. Essentially it's Genocide on Putin's part, both Ukrainians and Russians.

Bloke's off his nut and it's at a great cost of humanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm with you, I feel nothing but sadness for the young Russians who've been duped and the young Russians who are now being threatened with 10 years jail time, if they don't go to Ukraine using equipment that's not fit for purpose, to just basically be cannon fodder and get killed. I think the actions of the Putin and his inner circle are abominable, and obviously fly the flag for Ukraine. I can't help but think about what these young guys are feeling knowing that most of them are basically being ordered to their deaths, what they must be feeling and what they're going through. Hoping that in the near future there's a coup in Moscow and Putin is overthrown, this cannot be allowed to go on. Essentially it's Genocide on Putin's part, both Ukrainians and Russians.

Bloke's off his nut and it's at a great cost of humanity.

I think we are quite away from Putin being threatened by a coup. It's going to have to get far messier before Russian's will turn on-mass and the only thing that'll accelerate the process is Ukraine defeating Russia further and killing a lot more troops. Things are still relatively minor as far as any civil unrest is concerned. 

• Like 1

Looks like it's been a terrible day for the Russian Air Force. The Ukrainians claim to have shot down 4 planes and 5 UAVs. Normally I would take these claims with a pinch of salt but there's video footage of at least 2 planes and one helicopter being hit.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the air support taking more risks because of Ukrainian successes and it looks like this is the upshot of it.

49 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Looks like it's been a terrible day for the Russian Air Force. The Ukrainians claim to have shot down 4 planes and 5 UAVs. Normally I would take these claims with a pinch of salt but there's video footage of at least 2 planes and one helicopter being hit.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the air support taking more risks because of Ukrainian successes and it looks like this is the upshot of it.

You can see why unmanned aerial vehicles seem to be the future. Aircraft have dominated the conflict arena since WW2 but it seems defences, even hand held easily portable devices have caught up with them. 

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Something tells me this lot are going to have banging headaches, and not from the vodka. Oh dear Vlad, sending the very best I see. 

It’s so sad, these guys need help but instead being sent to their deaths. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Ukraine making another push near Kharkiv before the conscripts start arriving. Not shown on the map is a reported Ukrainian attack a bit further north from Kupyansk.

Apparently, most of the regular troops have already left Lyman which is now only lightly defended. Expect retreat within days.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s so sad, these guys need help but instead being sent to their deaths. 

The conflict as a whole has taught me a few thing I think,  I look at the Russians as a brainwashed people,  same as ISIS in a way.  100% believe lies and are happy to kill for these lies,  all they want is torture,  rape, kill and money as far as I can make out. 

If the above soldier had managed to get to a Ukraine town,  like the 1000's and 1000's of his colleges, they wil rape,  burn and kill anything they can get their hands on.  It is in their DNA unfortunately through decades of propaganda.  

Russian soldiers are almost human yes,  but not quite.  If you were from Ukraine and your wife and sisters were killed by this lot,  use that as a base line.  When this is over and we find out what they have been up to,  I suggest to keep all the sympathy locked and loaded until its all clear.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Something tells me this lot are going to have banging headaches, and not from the vodka. Oh dear Vlad, sending the very best I see. 

You can argue that this is just a one off but the sheer number of these type of videos out there shows what an absolute farce this mobilsation is

I made a joke the other day recruits would be dead by Christmas, but I think they’ll probably be dead by the end of October.

The only benefit to Russia’s special operation is that Ukraine will use up a tiny bit of ammo blowing these new recruits up.

The percentage of these people retuning alive will be tiny.

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Apparently, most of the regular troops have already left Lyman which is now only lightly defended. Expect retreat within days.

Last I read, quite a few days ago was that it was mainly defended by die hard LPR troops who were far better motivated than their Russian counterparts.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You can argue that this is just a one off but the sheer number of these type of videos out there shows what an absolute farce this mobilsation is

Yep.... It's shocking. We take the piss about cannon fodder etc, but the reality is most of these are going to get slaughtered and there is nothing comical about that. 

• Like 3

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Yep.... It's shocking. We take the piss about cannon fodder etc, but the reality is most of these are going to get slaughtered and there is nothing comical about that. 

Absolutely agree, these people will just get slaughtered. It just shows how little regard Putin has for his own people

• Like 2

Â