• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 hours ago, bielesibub said:

Did anyone else just fast forward to the bit where he fell over?

It's worth re-watching. The 'goals' are the funniest bit. My 3 year old niece would have called me out for not trying if I was that blatant.

I know he's surrounded by sycophants, I just find it hard to believe he's so delusional as to not be embarrassed by that being broadcast to the world.

It sounds like quite a lot happening today, despite this thread being relatively quiet.

Russia makes claims - without evidence - of US biological weapons activities in Ukraine at a meeting of the UN Security Council

—————————

China’s representative to the UN Zhang Jun has described multiple peace talks between Russia and Ukraine as “positive steps towards achieving peace”.

He says China will “play its part in de-escalating the situation”.

He also says China attaches “great importance to bio-safety and security” and “firmly opposes the development, possession and the use of biological and chemical weapons by any country”.

—————————

Ukraine's state Centre for Strategic Communications has warned that it cannot rule out the possibility that Belarus could join the Russian invasion in the coming hours.

According to preliminary data, Belarusian troops may be drawn into an invasion on March 11 at 21:00 (19:00 GMT)," the centre, which was established under the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy, said in a statement. 

Officials alleged that Putin could order Russian bombers launched from Ukrainian territory to shell targets in Belarus, giving Lukashenko a pretext with which to launch an invasion. 

The warning follows reports, which the BBC cannot independently verify, that Russian bombers launched an attack on a southern Belarusian village on Friday afternoon.

All quotes from the BBC summary page.

I wonder if “the West” or NATO are saying that Belarus joining the war would be seen as escalation and trigger a response.

It appears that Major General Andrei Kolesnikov, Commander, 29th Combined Arms Army, Eastern Military District was killed by the Ukrainians today. Third Major General killed, fourth General if you include the Chechen General Magomed Tushayev

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I say we go and invade Belarus.

I wouldn't be sleeping if I lived in Poland, never mind Belarus. Russia getting closer and closer to there border. Only needs a stray one to trigger the big decision. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Eh?

The leaders of the 27 members agreed in principle to allow Ukraine's candidature.  Which is a bit of a big step, as previously over half were against it.

So they're now at the beginning on the ten year or so journey to meet the entry requirements. 

So while it's a big step, it doesn't really change anything tangible at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I say we go and invade Belarus.

We can’t fight Russia because of the nuclear escalation risk, but there’s nothing to stop NATO disintegrating Belarusian formations that cross into Ukraine. The same logic that stops us defending Ukraine applies to Russia defending Belarus. Also gives Russia a graphic example of what NATO can do if he chooses that path. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I wouldn't be sleeping if I lived in Poland, never mind Belarus. Russia getting closer and closer to there border. Only needs a stray one to trigger the big decision. 

Stop being part of the problem man, ridiculous post. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

You do wonder how the oligarchs are feeling, yes they are close to Putin but they have had the luxury international lifestyle taken away from them. Abramovich for example he obviously loved being Chelsea owner and his amazing yachts. Now he cant really leave where he is 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You do wonder how the oligarchs are feeling, yes they are close to Putin but they have had the luxury international lifestyle taken away from them. Abramovich for example he obviously loved being Chelsea owner and his amazing yachts. Now he cant really leave where he is 

I think that’s the plan, they put pressure on Putin, or better still, mount a coup.

Â