Truck terror attack in Sweden

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

There is a pretty disturbing video from within a clothes store, it shows people walking around then suddenly running for their lives as the truck flies past. It's not graphic in any way but it's pretty frightening.

i saw that, it is really brutal

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People have probably been saying this for centuries and will do for centuries to come. Can you imagine the whole world in utter peace though, what a lovely thought.

It's a great point. The world is not going to blow up anytime soon. it's just going to be incrementally bad for centuries more. We'll be lucky to get off this joyride when we do. (Not to sound too morbid)

Charming fella, profile says he's a Netherlands based youth wing member of Sultan Erdogan's party. 

More people than we'd like to admit actively support this horror.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Awol said:

Charming fella, profile says he's a Netherlands based youth wing member of Sultan Erdogan's party. 

Of course they do but too many people have their heads up theirs arses to admit it. we are doing more damage by ignoring the problem.

58 minutes ago, Awol said:

Come on mate, its the religion of peace don't you know. 

• Like 1

Some horrific photos on Twitter of the aftermath of the attack yesterday :(

What is the answer? Is there one? 

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What problem are we ignoring and what damage is being done by ignoring it?

I think we are downplaying how many Muslims have extremist views and openly or quietly support it. By ignoring the problem we cannot get to grips with the problem or even try to understand it but I'm not the one with the answers mate. What happens if you ignore cancer, it spreads and then kills you and I'm not saying these extremists are going to kill us all but it's certainly spreading. I don't have proof but I'd quietly say there are millions of Muslims who support or agree with this barbaric form of Islam because that's what it is, this has everything to do with Islam. Sweden has some terrible problems with this religion like many other countries in Europe. 

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What problem are we ignoring and what damage is being done by ignoring it?

some people are very very scared

we should all stay in doors until someone has done something about somebody

nothing anything like this has ever happened anywhere ever before and we haven't survived up to this point, we're dooooomed

glorious sunny day in London yesterday, went shopping and site seeing after my meeting

there were brown people there but they appeared mostly normal

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Just been reading some of his tweets, makes my **** blood boil. It's freedom of speech though so naff all can be done.   The bit about gaddafi saying Islam does not need bombs or guns and that childbirth alone will make Europe a Muslim continent in decades to come. Silent jihad in terms of being very polite and getting on with your life in a quiet way but knocking out loads of kids and preying all your other brothers do the same so that eventually it gives Islam a big foothold in the foreign land they live in. 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

some people are very very scared

we should all stay in doors until someone has done something about somebody

nothing anything like this has ever happened anywhere ever before and we haven't survived up to this point, we're dooooomed

glorious sunny day in London yesterday, went shopping and site seeing after my meeting

there were brown people there but they appeared mostly normal

Go and live in malmo and I'm sure your opinion might change.

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think we are downplaying how many Muslims have extremist views and openly or quietly support it. By ignoring the problem we cannot get to grips with the problem or even try to understand it but I'm not the one with the answers mate. What happens if you ignore cancer, it spreads and then kills you and I'm not saying these extremists are going to kill us all but it's certainly spreading. I don't have proof but I'd quietly say there are millions of Muslims who support or agree with this barbaric form of Islam because that's what it is, this has everything to do with Islam. Sweden has some terrible problems with this religion like many other countries in Europe. 

To get to grips with a problem, you need to know what the problem is and understand it. That requires more than 'thinking we are downplaying how many' and not having proof but 'quietly saying' and making an emotive cancer analogy.

If you have no proof of the numbers that are the problem (i.e. of those who support this kind of thing) then perhaps you're in as much danger of overplaying the problem as others may be of underplaying it.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

To get to grips with a problem, you need to know what the problem is and understand it. That requires more than 'thinking we are downplaying how many' and not having proof but 'quietly saying' and making an emotive cancer analogy.

If you have no proof of the numbers that are the problem (i.e. of those who support this kind of thing) then perhaps you're in as much danger of overplaying the problem as others may be of underplaying it.

What would you suggest? And do you think there is a problem with this religion in particular or is it just like any other religion. 

**** these people. The best we can do is to avoid the path they are trying to usher us to with their horrid actions. We need to make our own way, not bow down to fear or budge our priorities because they say so. Looking back through history this is what us swedes have done and it has done us well in return, it is in the harshest of times that our values plays their utmost important part.   

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just been reading some of his tweets, makes my **** blood boil. It's freedom of speech though so naff all can be done.   The bit about gaddafi saying Islam does not need bombs or guns and that childbirth alone will make Europe a Muslim continent in decades to come. Silent jihad in terms of being very polite and getting on with your life in a quiet way but knocking out loads of kids and preying all your other brothers do the same so that eventually it gives Islam a big foothold in the foreign land they live in. 

You guys are being played by some meme account called Erdogan Kawaii Desu. Shows where your biases lie.

And so does the bolded to be fair. Silent jihad :crylaugh: 

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You guys are being played by some meme account called Erdogan Kawaii Desu. Shows where your biases lie.

And so does the bolded to be fair. Silent jihad :crylaugh: 

It's serious stuff mate :mellow:

:D reading it back I do sound a plonker. I'm actually out with a young Muslim boy now who's a lovely lad. Maybe he can change me ;)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â