Truck terror attack in Sweden

TrentVilla

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Continual media coverage will only serve to encourage more of these attacks. 

24-hour news is a massive problem with things like this. It will be rolling news for at least three days - and of course, people will get angry and blame immigrants and so on. 

Happened at the same street as the failed 2010 Christmas attack where the terrorist only managed to blow him self up due to the bomb misfiring.

One of the busiest shopping streets in central Stockholm

Media coverage is not the problem. Various dictatorships and other wretched holes with minimal opportunity are fertile ground for the development of nihilistic tendencies. This is a problem with the human condition, now being exhibiting by a relatively specific group, but by many others in the past. 

My thoughts to all affected by this!

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We're rapidly heading down a slippery slope.

Idiot radicals barbarically killing people for no reason, leading to more and more fear across Europe, leading to more animosity towards others, leading to more far-right support, leading to more attacks and on and on.

It's a grim snowball and I have absolutely no idea how it's going to stop rolling.

Reprisals on innocent Muslims is EXACTLY what the fundie nutters want. Keeps the pot boiling, brings about the armageddon that they crave. 

The Swedish version of UKIP (SD) is already the 2nd largest party according to recent polls.

This will only further divide people and play into the fears already existing.

Exactly as intended by the people doing these attacks.

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

We both know what's right and wrong but it's a pity them brainwashed mongs don't. 

Again, they'll tell themselves the same thing.

No matter how abhorrent you might consider someone's behaviour, using rhetoric like 'good' and 'evil' is rarely helpful, and often divisive. We're not the pure champions of objectively correct morality.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No matter how abhorrent you might consider someone's behaviour, using rhetoric like 'good' and 'evil' is rarely helpful, and often divisive. We're not the pure champions of objectively correct morality.

Are we really debating this. I will try and not call these people evil again :)

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well with extremist fundamentaloids of Aslan i think its clear. Big hint: The people doing their shopping who didn't blow up or run over people with lorry's I'd consider the good. As for the evil .....

Â