• Kodjia
    • Hogan (Kodjia 35)
    • Grealish (Lansbury 65)
    • Hourinhane (Adomah 65)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Sack this chancer than put him on trial for crimes against football!

We are Aston Villa, we are better than Steve **** Bruce.

Every match under his reign we've played absolutely shite. 

7/8 wins what about the 7/8 losses before that?? The most consistent theme throughout these matches is despite spending a shite loads of money we play the most awful, unconvincing football.

With Bruce, where we finish this season will be about the same next season. It would be foolish to think we are good enough to go for automatic promotion based on what we've so far under him.

I think auto promotion is going to be difficult under any circumstances, with any manager.

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

I actually thought this was a tongue in cheek post. When I got to the end I realized you were actually serious. :(

I just can't understand how you can come to the conclusion above. 4 promotions from this league including last season.

Who do you honestly think we should get as manager? And what changes do you expect they'd make to the squad (again.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The anti Bruce nonsense on here is just ridiculous. He took over part way through the season when were, put bluntly, heading for League 1. He has steadied the ship, got us winning and made some astute signings. For the first time since Houllier we have a manager who actually looks like he knows what he is doing. Added to that what's the alternative? Who is the shoe in next manager off the rank that will transform us into Barcelona?

Is the football good - no. Are the players delivering to their potential - no. Does he play too defensively - yes. But I would hazard a guess that he has done pretty much everything Dr Tony has asked of him. Is the manager to get us out of this league - yes. Is the manager to deliver the owners vision - probably not.

I may be in a minority here but I am going to give Bruce the benefit of the summer to reshape the squad as he wants. Get rid of the dead wood and plug our obvious gaps, see how next season unfolds and then judge. That would include getting the best out of the 'flair' players he has signed.

Slightly off topic I know but today we did not deliver against a side who really had something to fight for so quite a few learning points for both manager and players.

So any opinion that isn't yours is ridiculous nonsense?

not many people want Bruce out, they just think he could be doing better it's not like there is a lynch mob, I would just about say this is one of the best squads we have had in years, yet the money spent doesn't translate to what we see on the pitch. Is that all on Bruce? Hell no, and given time let's hope he gets it right, but stating he could do better means there is another level to be reached, rather than let's fire him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

We are Aston Villa, we are better than Steve **** Bruce.

Every match under his reign we've played absolutely shite. 

7/8 wins what about the 7/8 losses before that?? The most consistent theme throughout these matches is despite spending a shite loads of money we play the most awful, unconvincing football.

With Bruce, where we finish this season will be about the same next season. It would be foolish to think we are good enough to go for automatic promotion based on what we've so far under him.

He's rebuilding a broken team. Its not an overnight job. He has 4 promotions to his name, including last season. 

Next season no excuses I agree, but to suggest sacking him now is not the answer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbh ,with that kind of football it's a miracle .

There you go, Bruce is a miracle worker. I knew you would finally come round! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Crikey, Steve Bruce - fail to win a match and the hanging mob come out again in full force.

You have been warned.

We dont have to hang him (even if you could find a rope strong enough).

We just need to sack him

22 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

And maybe rename the club Laughingstock Villa

Cardiff Brentford Ipswich Barnsley Preston Wolves Burton to name but a few

Already a laughing stock

The status or perception lays not at the fault of a new manager who is not even here yet

Edited by Grasshopper

40 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Cardiff Brentford Ipswich Barnsley Preston Wolves Burton to name but a few

Already a laughing stock

The status or perception lays not at the fault of a new manager who is not even here yet

Pathetic. It's like you've been asleep for 6 yrs. The bruce out brigade are a whinging bunch with no answer. The things you moan about he acknowledges.

Who should we replace him with? You haven't got an answer, but you've got your moaning ready for the next guy.

Get real.

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Pathetic. It's like you've been asleep for 6 yrs. The bruce out brigade are a whinging bunch with no answer. The things you moan about he acknowledges.  

He acknowledges, but I (along with the Bruce out brigade) have to provide the answers?

You're being pathetic.

His job

his answers

not proving it is he?

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Who should we replace him with? You haven't got an answer, but you've got your moaning ready for the next guy.

Get real.

If you followed my Bruce opinions from his appointment onwards, you may have a clue why I indeed think what I think.

He had his chance 

not up to the job

get rid

Bruce out

Replacing him with just about any one of the managers who have outfootballed him this year wouldnt be a bad shout.

But maybe you're just to blind to see that as any kind of viable possibility

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

My only question on yesterday- Who is Don Amott? And why is he the king of the caravans?

don-amott4x3241-3183048_613x460.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 20:49, a m ole said:

at 51% possession, that's the first game we've won in bloody ages. Well done lads.

b0e7830df39aa92f0385716d447619d7.png

Yep, first win since the damn good thrashing we gave Barnsley.

Â