• Kodjia
    • Hogan (Kodjia 35)
    • Grealish (Lansbury 65)
    • Hourinhane (Adomah 65)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Bruce giving a very honest assessment on WM now. Congratulates Burton and admits we are poor, don't take care of the ball and need to be better to move forward. Quote "Frail without Kodjia"

He echoes all the stuff his critics on here bang on about.

So we're right then ?

• Like 1

It was an absolutely ridiculous expectation that we should sneak in to the playoffs by winning 12 of our last 13 games. 

2 goals conceeded in the last 8, and when did we last lose? I'm still feeling pretty good about next season.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I would feel better if there was one single game under Bruce where we dominated and looked good while winning, Bruce might know what the issues are but they never go away, rarely does halftime change things, nor does any substitutions he makes. Not saying we don't get glimmers of hope from time to time, but if Kodjia got injured or sold we'd have no chance. 

I am glad we had a decent run of games, but I think for the talent we have in this side and the money spent I just expect more, we never get out of second gear let alone third.

I like Bruce, I still think he can do good things for us and I'm hoping now there is nothing to play for he tries to play football that isn't governed by fear of losing and sneaking something on the break, this great club and fans deserve better!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There is still a fair way to go.....the team is good in parts that's all.

we do need stability, but this team still needs players with a different skill set.

We need further additions in the summer, but maybe more quality than quantity.

......We at least need a winger who can undo teams.....and players who are comfortable  with the ball.

like I say, lots to do.

not trying to be depressive, but this team is not ready for the lofty heights we are looking for (I think Steve knows that)....having said that a remarkable job, stopping the rot.

Sorry Tro

Can only 100% disagree all of that^

Some on here have said to the tune of

possesion doesnt matter

Good football doesnt matter

all that matters is results

So the result of this season is not enough results

• Like 2

Just got home. We were pretty awful and the midfield was non existant. Never thought we would win today but still a bit disappointed. Highlight of the day was meeting Gordan Cowans in the away end. 

At least this puts a stop to the nonsense talk of making the play offs. We are a long way off getting promoted. Even next season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

As soon as the winning comes to an end ,what are we left with ? Not a lot. 

7 wins and draw in 9 isn't bad is it, really?

34 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Just got home. We were pretty awful and the midfield was non existant. Never thought we would win today but still a bit disappointed. Highlight of the day was meeting Gordan Cowans in the away end. 

At least this puts a stop to the nonsense talk of making the play offs. We are a long way off getting promoted. Even next season. 

When 50 % of this season was duff results, it was simply too much of an ask.

We know we cannot go up playing like we are, but results still are the main objective......we need a blend of the two.

with another window, further time for gelling,a pre season of stability and a start that represents a serious assault......we have a good chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Some on here have said to the tune of

possesion doesnt matter

Good football doesnt matter

all that matters is results

So the result of this season is not enough results

Agreed. The results haven't been good enough over the season, no arguments there. 

As big Keith said, no excuses next season, but I remain convinced, unlike you, that Bruce is the man to take us up :)

• Like 3

Form table since Feb 24th

Yeah yeah, I know arbitrary date range, but we need something to smile about tonight! :)

Lets finish the season on a high!

Pos Team P   W D L GF GA   W D L GF GA   GD Pts
1 Aston Villa 9   5 0 0 8 0   2 1 1 5 2   11 22
2 Brighton and Hove Albion 9   4 0 1 11 3   2 0 2 4 6   6 18
3 Brentford 9   3 0 2 9 5   2 1 1 10 8   6 16
4 Wolverhampton Wanderers 8   3 0 0 5 1   2 1 2 7 7   4 16
5 Fulham 9   2 2 1 10 8   2 1 1 8 7   3 15
6 Newcastle United 9   2 1 1 6 6   2 2 1 6 4   2 15
7 Leeds United 8   3 1 0 6 0   1 1 2 4 5   5 14
8 Derby County 9   3 1 0 8 4   1 1 3 4 8   0 14
9 Reading 8   3 1 0 6 2   1 0 3 3 13   -6 13
10 Preston North End 8   3 1 0 11 2   0 2 2 4 9   4 12

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So we're right then ?

You always was......we was just trying to give a bit of credit for the results and the rescue job of the players confidence.

we have always said, some way to go.

Sack this chancer than put him on trial for crimes against football!

We are Aston Villa, we are better than Steve **** Bruce.

Every match under his reign we've played absolutely shite. 

7/8 wins what about the 7/8 losses before that?? The most consistent theme throughout these matches is despite spending a shite loads of money we play the most awful, unconvincing football.

With Bruce, where we finish this season will be about the same next season. It would be foolish to think we are good enough to go for automatic promotion based on what we've so far under him.

• Like 1

Â