Pre season 
Wed Jul 12 Telford a 7.45pm
Kiddy a 7.45pm
Sat Jul 15 Shrewsbury a 3pm 
Tue Jul 18 Walsall a 7.45pm
Sat Jul 29 Watford 3pm

More to follow

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/04/06/villa-domestic-friendlies-confirmed

I think we'll have a good chance of the share of possesion against Kidderminster. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see us play some pre-season games in different parts of the country. It's great we regularly play lower league sides from the area but why not mix it up a bit? It would give fans from different parts of the country a chance to watch us. Clubs I'd like to see us play; Torquay United, York City, Oxford United, Cambridge, Hearts. 

10 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

I'd like to see us play some pre-season games in different parts of the country. It's great we regularly play lower league sides from the area but why not mix it up a bit? It would give fans from different parts of the country a chance to watch us. Clubs I'd like to see us play; Torquay United, York City, Oxford United, Cambridge, Hearts. 

Played Cambridge last summer 

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Pre-season European Champions Trophy tournament in China, where a group of pre-Champions league winners playoff for the right to take on a "champions league" winner

Group A possibles

Celtic

Notts Forest

Aston Villa

Group B possibles

Real Madrid

Barcalona

Bayern Munich

"........long ball from Baker to Hutton on the wing, takes on the "Real/Barca/Bayern" defenders and crosses Hogan miss-times his jump by 2meters, ball half-cleared to Bacuna who's shot, going wide deflects off Thors shin and goes in. Champions of Europe Trophy goes to the Villa........"

Come on Tony, make it happen

Edited by Grasshopper

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think a moral crushing 17-1 defeat to Barca would do much for the start of the season :)

You're a bit optimistic there

17-1

Who, pray, will score for us?

34 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

My old chap is a season ticket holder at Nuneaton Town. Apparently Villa are appearing at Nuneaton on a Friday evening in July? Assume it will be some sort of academy Villa XI.

There is nothing on Nuneaton's web site.

45 minutes ago, limpid said:

There is nothing on Nuneaton's web site.

I have a horrible feeling that my father is confusing us with Wolves. There is a two or three day tournament with Rangers, Liverpool and others (including the Dirty Coventry Vermin) around 29th and 30th July. I'll double check tonight with him when I tuck into lasagne at my folks. Dementia is prevalent in my family history - and he is 77 next month and the longest living of all his brothers. Has to watch the TV at an unfeasibly high volume and the stubborn sod won't get a hearing aid. :)

12 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I have a horrible feeling that my father is confusing us with Wolves. There is a two or three day tournament with Rangers, Liverpool and others (including the Dirty Coventry Vermin) around 29th and 30th July. I'll double check tonight with him when I tuck into lasagne at my folks. Dementia is prevalent in my family history - and he is 77 next month and the longest living of all his brothers. Has to watch the TV at an unfeasibly high volume and the stubborn sod won't get a hearing aid. :)

@BOF found it:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do you remember 10 years ago we played Inter Milan at home in front of 36,000 with our new Nike kits as our glamour friendly?

Hasn't quite gone to plan since.....

Wow, 10 years ago :o I can remember that physio in his suit sprinting across the pitch just like it was yesterday!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Wow, 10 years ago :o I can remember that physio in his suit sprinting across the pitch just like it was yesterday!

And the bird physio versus Hafnarfjarðar as well.  Villa tapped into the Iceland trend way ahead of everyone else. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2017 at 18:52, The Fun Factory said:

And the bird physio versus Hafnarfjarðar as well.  Villa tapped into the Iceland trend way ahead of everyone else. 

Aha, I remember that. That physio was so fit, there were cheers everytime someone went down injured! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/05/2017 at 11:03, Raver50032 said:

My old chap is a season ticket holder at Nuneaton Town. Apparently Villa are appearing at Nuneaton on a Friday evening in July? Assume it will be some sort of academy Villa XI.

Your penis has its own season ticket? 

• Like 2

Â