Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

So, what are everyone's thoughts? Obviously we need to win this one, same as all the others. Burton are quite good at getting draws as far as I can tell, though I admit I haven't really been paying attention. 

I would rest Amavi, Hutton and Lansbury for fatigue, and drop Bacuna because I think he's pants. Bruce likes a 4-4-2:

-------------------Johnstone------------------

--Bree------Chester-----Baker---Taylor--

--Adomah--Jedinak--Hourihane--Green-

---------------Hogan---Kodjia---------------

Must win

Dont care how

Line up

GK= Dont care

RB-CB-CB-LB = Whoever SB wants

RM-DM-LM - Bruces choice

RW-CF-LW - Bruce knows best

Or

SJ

Hutton Elphick Richards Bruce

Gardner

Gardner                   Thor

Gaby          Gaby

Kodjia

Villa win 0-1 Own goal

GH out

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 2

Hogan and Hourihane back in the starting line up will help with some of the fatigue. I'd go with that side, though I think Lansbury will keep his place instead of Green and it'll be 4-3-3. 

Burton are desperate for points so will be very tough as we saw at VP. 2-1 us to continue the run, but the clean sheet streak to end. 

Kodja and Hogan. 

this week's stat prediction, a weighty victory in the interceptions bracket, 67% success plays 42%

Burton playing tonight (Wednesday) will hopefully give us a slender energy advantage at the weekend.  It's a relatively local derby with the 2 stadiums separated by less than 32 miles.  Regardless of tonight's result away to Newcastle, we'll need to be careful here.  First and foremost we need to be winning every single game, and secondly Burton haven't been doing a whole lot of losing of late.  Once in eight games before tonight.  They'll also undoubtedly give an extra 5-10% what with being up against the local big fish.  They won't want us doing the double over them and they still have their own reasons for needing the points.

Two words.  Banana skin.

2-0 Villa.  Codger and the Hulk

If anyone is going, I'm not unfortunately, there is a nice little pub with a brewery called Burton Bridge. They do a few nice ales and you can have a pork pie there. It does sometimes get crowded on match days though, but they don't show sport in there or anything. 

We'll record our 9th win from 10 but with only 42% possession it will feel like the most gut wrenching loss. 

Or 8th from 9, I've lost track with all the pain. 

Edited by Jareth

We've all been conditioned into expecting Villa to mess up in some way or another. I haven't expected us to win a single game since this crazy run started. The constant winning is frankly making me uneasy.

Having said that, there never has been, and never will be, a day where i would predict anything other than a fairly strong Villa side to comfortably win against Burton Albion. 

It's Burton Albion

Burton. Albion.

Going for a 4-1 win. Kodjia not to score. More than 50% possession.